That's great news. Glad we could help.

Martin.

BT TV.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 20

Re: Help Please - Box won't connect to internet

Go to solution

Sorry for bumping an old topic but I think we've encountered a similar problem to the thread starter. As of last night our youview box couldn't connect to the Internet. We hadn't changed any of the settings or done anything differently wiring wise and all the parts were the ones supplied to us during the setup.

We think the problem lies with our powerline adapters. On one (the one connected to the router) the data light doesn't appear and the other, the Ethernet light doesn't appear. The Internet throughout the house still works fine and the youview box does connect to the Internet via an Ethernet cable directly from the box to the router, but that's not a permanent solution because they're each on different sides of the room. I've tried retarting the adapaters and going through the re-pairing procedure but neither solves the issue.

So with all that in mind am I right to assume replacing the adapters will solve the issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

@CooperT that does sound like its the adapters, have you tried a factory reset on them?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution
The same happens to me all the time. My router is upstairs and I use the Broadband extenders to connect to my Youview box in the lounge. In the two years I’ve had it must have been working less than 25% of the time. Watching BT Sport is virtually impossible. I purchased Google WiFi and this works brilliantly but doesn’t work for the BT Sport. It’s back to Radio 5 Live for me
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Same issue new customer not impressed 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Did anyone find a definitive solution to this issue at all?  I have the same problem - BT Youview box which used to connect to internet fine (via TP-Link powerline adapters), then stopped working.  Tried all suggested steps, rebooting router, box, re-pairing adapters, connecting manually, but nothing working.  Router is too far away to run a cable directly so need a fix!  Any help most welcome.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

You may like to ask BT for a couple of mini connectors, as they are designed to work with BT YouView.

If you have a current BT YouView subscription, you can get the mini connectors at a greatly reduced price.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Mini-connectors-for-connecting-Youview-box-to-homehub/m-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Same problem - You view says its coneected to broadband but no internet. This connected by ethernet

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

We have only one blue light on the youview box, all the other internet in the house is working but also the hdmi1 icon does not appear when we are on source. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings