cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Help Request: BT TV Internet Channels (IPC6023)

Go to solution

New customer here, went live yesterday Monday 24th April 2022 - I've looked up the issue as has it seems to be a common issue for many new customers and our BT TV box isn't streaming subscription/stream channels giving the error IPC6023).

I've tried the usual suggestions and gone through the resetting router, BT TV box, etc. All other devices are connected to our router fine and working as expected. Internet download speeds and latency are excellent. Could anyone provide me some technical support please to get us up and running?

BT TV Box Pro, Model: RTIW387

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help Request: BT TV Internet Channels (IPC6023)

Go to solution

If you are on FTTP, did the steps you followed include completely powering down the ONT (i.e no mains and no battery backup) for around 30 seconds? if you are and you didn't then you should

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

This poster claims to have found an issues with the box & DHCP.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/IPC6023-FYI/td-p/2227628

Can't do any harm to give it a try.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Gave this a go, changed the DHCP address range and assigned the BT TV Box to an address outside the range on the router, set the connection to auto (on the box) and rebooted both devices - the box is showing connected (with the assigned IP address) - but still no joy, unfortunately.

Worth a go. I'm pretty clued up on networking devices and things so I'm assuming the issue is likely outside of our local area network at this point.

Oh, and we're on standard fibre (FTTC/VDSL) - Fibre 2. Like I said, speeds and latency are excellent so I'm a little lost as to what's the issue at this point. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Managed to get everything working over Wi-Fi, I'm using my own router (ASUS RT-AC68U) and needed to tweak some of the settings.

In case anyone stumbles across this thread, I had to enable Multicast routing in LAN settings - enabling 'Efficient Multicast Forwarding (IGMP Snooping)', setting DHCP settings to 'Microsoft & RFC 3442'.

Connecting wirelessly to the box - I needed to change the Wireless mode for the 5GHz channel from auto to 'N/AC only' otherwise our wireless network would not show up on the box.

To improve performance of the streams, I also enabled IGMP Snooping under advanced/professional wireless settings.

If you're still struggling with quality/pixelating streams - try factory resetting your router and setting everything up fresh - which should free up NVRAM and improve the routers performance. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Pixelation and hopeless quality - It's been a while since I had this problem until just now.

I'm not on full fibre to my property.

Might try a factory reset and see what happens.

0 Ratings