Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmytgsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Help - bt sport error message IPC6007 after house move

Go to solution

Hi,

i had bt infinity in my old flat, used the move house service and had it turned on in my new house (although I can see online that I am on the same package with but sport and sky sports but when I try to watch sky sports, it gives me an error of IPC6007. Clicking the link tells me I am not subscribed.

i have checked and downloaded the latest software updates as well as restarting the hub. I had infinity turned on over two weeks ago so do not think it is a timing issue.

any thoughts?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
pmytgsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: Help - bt sport error message IPC6007 after house move

Go to solution

Update, finished the live chat - he thought it may be the comtrend adapters and ordered me a new one. Quickly connected it direct and still not working

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Can you clarify

Are you able to watch BT sport channels successfully ?

(you mention problems with Sky Sports)

Also do you have Infinity in your current (new) ho,me ?

0 Ratings
pmytgsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi, no all the sports channels do not work, ie but sports and sky sports - I get the same error message with them all. Yes, we have infinity, I spoke to customer service the day after it was turned on as the engineer never actually physically came to the house. The customer service lady checked our connection and confirmed we were on infinity

0 Ratings
pmytgsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Update - I expect to get the new connectors today but do not hold out much help. Last night I performed the maitainence reset (Internet/USB) which also did not work... still getting IPC6007 on sky sports and BT sport channels - and it takes me to the "this channel is not available on your current subscription"

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @pmytgsc,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried these steps to try and fix these IPC errors:? Can you try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
pmytgsc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Correct - the BT Player is working, the network status says connected etc - I restarted the hub and the Youview box and updated the software - the channels still have the same error.

From here I spoke to the help chat and he thought it may be the connectors (ie that work through the powerline) and ordered me some new ones - I admit I have not used them yet as they have not arrived but I have since connected it direct and repeated the steps with no joy - so do not think it is the connectors that are the issue.

I then forced the Youview box to do a maintainence reset (by holding down the "down" button when switching on) which downloaded the software and retuned but still has not worked.

I called the help desk again this afternoon, who said I need to disconnect the extra connection and reset the hub (rather than just restart it) - then plug the youview connector to port 4 -  I will try this tonight.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi,

Please PM me your landline telephone number (or BT account number) and I will look into this issue for you.

This sounds more like an issue with your account on our TV platform.

Many thanks

Gavin

BT TV expertGavinL
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming everything is now working.

I'll see if I can get the call flows updated to ensure future reports of this type of issue can be dealt with more efficiently.

BT TV expertGavinL
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
l3g3nd974
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Hiya,

I'm having exactly the same problem, i've had two home hub 5's delivered along with a new smart hub (registered interest) everthing up and working with the exception of my internet channels, as swapped everything like for like.  Have called a couple of times to no avail.  Been with BT now since at least 2010 and this is the worst it has been!  Wish i hadn't moved!

0 Ratings