cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGP1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Help with IPC 6023 error code

Had this error fault for 8 weeks now. We have tried everything including changing the router, you view box, re booting ( several times) and 3 engineers visits. BT seem incapable of solving the problem. They have escalated the fault to 'the wholesaler ' also 'level 2 ' and now ' Triarge' but we still have this fault. Starting to think it's time to end my 40 yr relationship with this company.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Help with IPC 6023 error code

@JGP1 wrote:
Had this error fault for 8 weeks now. We have tried everything including changing the router, you view box, re booting ( several times) and 3 engineers visits. BT seem incapable of solving the problem. They have escalated the fault to 'the wholesaler ' also 'level 2 ' and now ' Triarge' but we still have this fault. Starting to think it's time to end my 40 yr relationship with this company.

how are you connecting the YouView box to the BT home hub and which versions of each do you have? 

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 3 of 11

I'd think that after Engineer visits and escalation up to 'Triage', those sort of fundamentals you suggest would have been eliminated .... Looks like Mod help would be good ?
0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

@speedtrip wrote:
I'd think that after Engineer visits and escalation up to 'Triage', those sort of fundamentals you suggest would have been eliminated .... Looks like Mod help would be good ?

You'd hope. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @JGP1

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you're getting this error code and I appreciate the amount of time this has been going on.  Can you send us over your details and we'll help you from here?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JGP1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I'm not the sort to threaten anyone but facing reality that BT can't solve the problem. I've been a loyal customer for 40 years and a BT shareholder since Thatcher sold them off. The HH5 is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable. The you view box is a Humax model DTRT2100 running software 22.18.0
The system was working perfectly up to 8 week ago then suddenly massive picture distortion and pixelation showing error code IPC 6023 after 15 seconds. I've tried disconnecting printer / pc etc from the hub and directly connecting the laptop via the VLC software to the test channel and it still pixelates. This happens on all multicast channels. Can you tell me what 'MOD help ' is please?
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 7 of 11

JGP - see the post previous to yours, where one of the MOD-erators has invited you to contact him for help - in my experience they will go the extra mile ...
0 Ratings
JGP1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks. I'm not sure how to contact him. The link on my phone doesn't correspond.
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 9 of 11

Thx for the PM - hopefully some progress ?
0 Ratings
AngelicJ84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I had this error but the fix was to plug the smart hub directly to the master socket.
0 Ratings