cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Here we go AGAIN 🤬

Go to solution

This piece of Sh..... is not working again!!!!!

Turned on and I have no NOW channels just a message telling me to subscribe. Well I have the subscription it has been working no I haven't cancelled it!

Every day this nonsense over and over.

I've powered off the box and reset still not working!

BT Pro what a joke. I'm calling Monday and this heap of sh... is going back and you can stuff your contract. Embarrassing.

Technology company, hilarious. And yes I am bloody angry.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Here we go AGAIN 🤬

Go to solution

Hi @PJCORNELLY and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry your STB isn't working again. If you don't get any help when you call please get in touch and I'll be happy to lend a hand. I've dropped you a private message so that option is open to you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Re: Here we go AGAIN 🤬

Go to solution

I've been on the phone best part 40 mins today. The problem is not resolved and now an engineer will call next week.

Just want to cancel and move on as a bad experience.

PVT message sent.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Engineer Called : Update

Go to solution

The engineer called as arranged, won't complain an excellent service. He fixed the problem via his laptop, some engineer software apparently and the Now HD channels are back.

He told me that probably over 50% of his calls are for the problem I had and it should be a fix the tech team can resolve over the phone. So make of that what you will.

He didn't outright say the BT Pro box was not great but certainly suggested there are "ISSUES" with software.

He also confirmed at the back end of 2020 BT received a batch of faulty boxes and many of these are in service. Hmmm. He did not check the serial number of mine. Actually he did not look at the box at all he did everything on his laptop.

He was with me no more than 10 minutes.

I asked can I do anything if this happens again but said just call and report it!

I have zero confidence in the product but for the second time it is now working. However, if it fails again then I will insist on contract termination.

There is obviously problems with the Pro and BT must know this but remain silent........

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Re: Engineer Called : Update

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call @PJCORNELLY .

I'm really glad the engineer got this sorted for you. If you have any other problems please get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

I just want to add, credit where credit is due. @DavidM has been extremely helpful. Restores faith with BT if not the box 🤣

Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

I've just noticed that since the engineer called my monthly subscription has increased by £6 per month !!!!

The engineer has added an HD and 4K subscription to my package at £6 per month. He did not tell me he was doing this. Surely this is not allowed.

I already have Now boost through BT on my accout at £5, so I am now paying £11 per month for HD.

Sorry @DavidM when we spoke I thought everything was resolved but it is not. 🤨

I'm on a call now to the accounts team for clarity.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Update: Another 30 minute call no resolution the lady taking the call very friendly but totally confused with our account. She is going on holiday today and will look at it next Tuesday!!!!!!

I don't know it just doesn't seem right does it, is there nobody else can resolve the problem?

@DavidM you have been really helpful but my whole experience is that I'm dealing with amateurs not a multi national.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @PJCORNELLY ,

Thanks for getting back. I'm sorry there's been charges added. It might be that the subscription hadn't been added previously which was what the problem with the HD might have been, though I'm just speculating at the moment. I'm just leaving the office but will pick this up on Friday as a priority. Leave it with me for now.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

@DavidM 

When I signed up I went with the Entertainment package and Now Boost at £5 so I could get Now in HD.

I have not changed my HD package my account still shows Now Boost at £5 and since the engineer called this morning a further £6 charge has been added for HD and 4K. I have received an email confirming changes to my subscription that highlighted this to me.

I am concerned that an engineer can make subscription changes to my account without discussing the changes with me or explaining what he had done. As I said he was in and out in under 10 minutes.

The HD worked fine until Saturday when it stopped. It can't be my subscription that caused HD stopping as I'm being charged and it still shows as part of my package, plus it worked via the Now app but not via the EPG, so cant be subscription. Yes it does work today but I'm also paying an extra £6.

It's all a shambles a technical issue has now merged into an account problem.

My experience with BT only since March has been nothing but a fiasco. Just please cancel my account and we can all move on.

0 Ratings