cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

How do I get a BT TV box pro ?

I currently have a BT TV DTR T 4000 ( G4 ) YouView box which I’ve had for quite a while now, ever since subscribing to the old BT TV Max package, which was a cheaper way to get BT Sport than subscribing through Sky, especially as it allowed me to view BT Sport Ultimate.

Several years ago I switched to a Now TV package with BT Sport, Sky Cinema and the 4K add ones, which was half price for the first six months so still a reasonable offer. 

Given the fact I own the old box ( I’ve had it since 2016 ), and the new BT TV box pro is now available, how do I go about getting one } Originally it was only available if you subscribed to the VIP package, which I think is £72 a month now, and some people have said you can cut out Sky Sports or downgrade your package after a month.

My BT TV contract is up in March. If I renewed my current NOW package would they send me the new BT TV box pro, or would I have to request this ? Is the BT TV box pro available on any other packages other than the VIP package ?

I’m actually surprised BT still have the old boxes still available, given how much more advanced their new box is, and the fact their new Freeview iP service is now up and running. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do I get a BT TV box pro ?

Given how old your current box is it means you own the box whereas the Pro STB are lent to the customers now and returned when service cancelled.

I'd suggest unless you can agree something with an agent you will need to cancel the existing TV service and then take out a new contract to receive the Pro box. There is no upgrade path for current customers however I do wonder if the current box was faulty they would likely exchange for new model.

Best bet is to call CS and discuss with the agent and see if they will offer you the new STB with a new contract commitment.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The excellent offer of£6 pm for 2 years is back again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I believe that all new BTTV customers will receive the Pro tv box, but some existing customers on here have said that they’ve been asked to pay £30 for one even though it’s only loaned to you. I think they were asked to re-contract for another 24 months too,  but you might be able to get the £6 deal or be offered something else to tempt you if you prefer. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I don't have a BT TV contract currently, just broadband. When exploring the £6 deal it said I would get a BT Pro box if I added the HD/4K add-on.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@stereohaven  Yes we were in that position in April and we got the Pro tv box as new BT TV customers and we did add HD/UHD. Fortunately our line speed is fast enough to be able to get BT Sport Ultimate.