Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 35

Re: How do I get a G4 box?

Go to solution

The daft thing is, I was more than happy to sign up for a new 12-month contract. But BT would rather I don't sign up, and lead me to believe that the new box is no better than the old one - if I took this at face value, then I may as well go elsewhere!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
MarkDolby
Message 12 of 35

Go to solution

I've just spoken to an agent who said that there was no option available to me to upgrae.

I put it to them that they have a shiny new upgraded box that they are only offering to new customers rather than existing customers. He said yes that's pretty much the case. 

Said they might start offering an upgrade at some point. 

I'm contracted until June but I think I'll be off after that. It's that classic case of chasing new customers rather than looking after existing ones. 

0 Ratings
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution
You can't upgrade even if you are out of contract. The £35 upgrade option now means you can have another old box if you want. 😕
0 Ratings
MrGrumpy
Contributor
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution

or like me upgrade from Bt Vision to youview and receive a free Youview box without paying the £35 charge. yes it an older version but its a **bleep** site better than the Bt Vision box.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

Hi PhatBoab, sirjamesp, magpie03 and MarkDolby, 

Can you all send me over your details and I will be in touch about the G4 box upgrade. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution
Ooh, fab! Contact info on its way.
0 Ratings
sscoble
Beginner
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution

Hi,

Did anybody manage to get a G4 box?

I am now in the same boat - been with BT for just over a year and put up with the old style box and its speed issues, failed recordings and lockups.  Decided to get an extra box with TV anywhere under the assumption that BT would issue a g4 box.

Received this today and was really disappointed to find the old box.  I have spoken to BT and have been told that they only ever issue the old style box as part of extra box.

For me, one of the main reasons for the extra box was so I could have a decent experience with the new box and use the old box in the kids room.

I was told it is not possible for them to provide a g4 and that as i dont want the old box my only option here is to cancel and return which I dont really want to do.

So is there any way the new box provided can be swapped out or upgraded to a g4?  Or is there any thing else I can do here?

I really dont want to continue with my current setup.

Thanks,

Simon

0 Ratings
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution
I had no luck with customer services originally, but it was sorted after posting on this thread when I replied to the mod contact request.
0 Ratings
sscoble
Beginner
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution

Hi,

I have an update on this - I contacted bt again this morning and spoke to a very helpful advisor, explained my situation and how unhelpful my previous contatc with customer service had been.

To cut a long story short, he has arranged for a new box to be sent out to me and a returns bag for the older version. 

So I am very grateful for that assistance, its just a shame that it could not have been sorted with my initial calls.

Fingers crossed now that the G4 will be a dramatic improvement over my current box.

Simon

0 Ratings
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution
Why do you have to return the older box? It's yours!
0 Ratings