cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

How do I get the BT TV Box Pro firmware updates?

Despite prompting my box to update every day for the last couple of weeks, it is firmly stuck on version 4.0.238 / 0.6.112 despite the recent roll out of 4.0.246 / 0.6.124 and now the roll out of 4.0.250 / 0.6.152.

I was told the box should update automatically and quite understand that the updates are rolled out over a period. However, how long should I have to wait? And am I the only person stuck with the old firmware?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do I get the BT TV Box Pro firmware updates?

Nope, I'm on 4.0.238 as well. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

So when would you expect to get the latest update...?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@Victor_Delta I'm not really fussed about because after the last big update which introduced IP Freeview, it's been pretty faultless. I'd imagine the latest update is just for some non-essential bug fixes and is a phased role out

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

My Pro Box is also still on 4.0.238

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

OK, thanks. I suppose I just find it irritating that updates are available but one cannot seem to obtain them, or even find out any information about them!

I'll just have to learn to relax more!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Yep I’m still on 4.0.238 also. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

This has just been posted by a BT/Youview insider on the Youview forum:

I've checked and the rollouts for 124 and 152 went to some users but were paused in lieu of 242 which will now rollout to everyone. The purpose of rolling releases out gradually is to test and get data back on how they perform, and then they'll either go out to everyone, or changes will be made and a new version will roll out instead.

242 has now gone out to a percentage of users a few days ago, but because it's approaching Christmas, I'm told the current plan is for the rollout to continue/complete in the first full week of the new year.

Oh and to answer a previous question, all updates are standalone, you don't have to apply them sequentially or anything like that, it will all happen in one go when the rollout is resumed.

So there's hope yet!

@zulu17in case you miss it over there.
Message 9 of 12

@NigelB72 is correct, this will be a minor update.

See A user’s guide to software version numbering rules - Parker Software for the applicable convention

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

My box finally updated overnight & is now running 6.242.

0 Ratings