cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How many TV channels should my TV antenna get?

Hi, 

Quick query - How many standard TV channels (non-wifi/digital) should my BT YouView TV have? 

Asking as I am using an indoor arial so wanted to make sure it was getting everything available, currently 56 channels (and 102 additional digital channels)

Thanks!
Tim

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: How many TV channels should my TV antenna get?

Well it depends on which Transmitter you receive the TV signals and if it’s a main or relay transmitter, myself using an loft aerial I’m getting 106 stations on the TV aerial.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Check with the Digital UK site and check how many stations you should receive, but an outside aerial will always receive more channels than an indoor aerial.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

As others have mentioned use the digital UK Freeview checker.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

@timPgoodwin wrote:

Hi, 

Quick query - How many standard TV channels (non-wifi/digital) should my BT YouView TV have? 

Asking as I am using an indoor arial so wanted to make sure it was getting everything available, currently 56 channels (and 102 additional digital channels)

Thanks!
Tim

You appear to be on the full quota of freeview channels.

This is unlike some of us who can only receive 20(?) channels reliably from a Freeview Lite transmitter. We have to use Freesat variants.

You can use an amplifier with an indoor arial, but be careful, as some TV boxes use their own amplifier.

An outdoor arial is always the best solution.  

0 Ratings