Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew1811
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

How on earth do I get the Extra channels on YouView

I have Infinity, YouView and BT Vision Unlimited and BT Sport

noticed the extra channels, Eurosport History etc etc

I tried ringing the number on the screen but got a message to say they are too busy to take my call and I can order Sport online, I already have Sport!!!!

same with calling sales direct

tried to add th extra channels via MyBT but says I cant get Vision! from reading the forums that appears to be because if Infinity (FTTC not FTTP)

tried the online chat I was no 85 in the queue and waited 25 mins, they rang and dropped me into the Customer options queue another 25 mins in the queue to be told she didnt know how to order and put me into the easy assist queue, after 50 mins in the queue I gave up

can someone give me a direct number to call or anyway of ordering the Extra channels

Thanks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Bobbobadobob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: How on earth do I get the Extra channels on YouView

I've not gone to the same lengths but haven't worked it out yet.....
0 Ratings
Empop
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

I managed to speak to someone after about 40 minutes on the number it told me to ring. This was my 3rd attempt to call but I just hung in and got lucky.

On the launch day of the extra channels, BT decided to lauch BT Sport on several different platforms and understandably, everyone is having to wait in a very long queue when phoning. Very frustrating, yes, but patience will see you through Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

This is the direct number I used to get the extra channels. 08000121742. (From the subscribe screen on the extra channels)

Took me a while to get through on the second attempt but once done I had the channels in an hour although they do say it could take 24 hours.

0 Ratings
PTcruiser
Regular
Message 5 of 15

I am having exactly the same problems, wasted three hours of my life that I am never going to get back, to launch these channels on the same day as BT sports beggars belief.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

Can you not do it online via this page?

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=34210

Towards the bottom there is a box 'Add Extra TV Channels' with a TV with a picture of Charlie Sheen on it. There is a link there to add TV channels 'From £2 extra a month'.

Online options have to be preferable to telephone in any circumstance, and particularly at the present time.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

I would have preferred to use the online option but it didn't work for me. Actually no online ordering works if you have FTTP/H for some reason. (something to do with the phone number when they switch you to fibre phone)

0 Ratings
Andrew1811
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

tried the number on the screen but they cannot handle my call and cant order online as apparently I cant get Vision even though I have had it for years

0 Ratings
dawsy95
Message 9 of 15

I eventually got through to someone who registered me for the extra channels on Friday. Got a confirmation email almost immediately but 48 hours later the channels still don't work. Ideas anyone?
0 Ratings
cazpaul
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Paid online £12.50 thought I had got them not working, on phone 1 hour 45 mins last night before I got through before they told me I had paid for wrong option!!!.

Have now paid £15.00 for another option hopefully right one but wont be working until Monday.

BT dont seem to work Sundays NOT EVEN IN INDIA? what a joke.

0 Ratings