Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeanmur
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

How to reset remote control?

Go to solution

Hi

I'm new to YouView and set it up a couple of weeks. I have had to turn the volume on the YV remote very high, and really just controlled the volume using my tv remote. I have now set the YV remote to control the tv, but now I have the volume to MAX on both remotes and it's just ok. How do I reset the remote to cancel controlling the tv with the YV remote?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to reset remote control?

Go to solution

If you've got the BT YouView remote that came with the box (with the 'BT Vision' button on it), hold down the * and # buttons, whilst also holding down the power button for around 5 seconds. The blue light on the remote should flash three times to confirm.

If you've got the retail YouView remote (with the 'TV' and 'PVR' buttons on it), press and hold the 'TV' button and the red coloured button at the same time for 5 seconds. The 'TV' and 'PVR' buttons should flash red 3 times to confirm.

0 Ratings
Jeanmur
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for reply. The remote is the one that came with the box but there is no * or # button. The number buttons have letters, and 1 has @ but no other symbols. No tv button either. it's a mystery.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

They're the two buttons either side of the '0' button.

Sorry, I forgot they weren't labelled like that on the new BT YouView remote. If you look at a picture of the original BT Vision remote, the buttons either side of '0' were labelled as * and #. Even though they're not labelled like that any more, it still works on the YouView remote.

0 Ratings
Jeanmur
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

It worked!  Thank you so much. Now I'll be able to hear the telly over Chrtistmas. Merry Christmas to you!!

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
You too. Glad it worked!
0 Ratings
Paulvile
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
I have been trying to set up my Youview remote to control my Panasoniv TV (TX-L32X5B). The code for Panasonic in the YV instructions is 3846 - this will turn off the TV but nothing else. It also means that the volume controls no longer operate the YV box itself. I'm working through the codes given on the website, but to no luck so far. They all begin with 0 so I suspect they are for earlier models.
I've tried to reset the RC by holding down the two buttons either side of 0 together with tithe power button, but it didn't work. I also tried these buttons with the TV power button.
This is a recent Youview box, received in December, with a BT Broadband package. Any advice on restoring the original functions, or a code which will operate my TV would be welcome!
Many Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
lawrence73
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49676

Hold AD (UP Arrow), Delete/Sub and BT Player buttons all at same time until blue led flashes three times. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings