cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

How to watch BT TV without a terrestrial signal

Go to solution

I can't receive a terrestrial signal so use a Freesat TV. This is OK for BT Sport using the app but the BT TV app won't work.

Why can't I watch BT premium content (which I have to pay for to get Sport) via broadband to my TV? 

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: How to watch BT TV without a terrestrial signal

Go to solution

The premium channels are delivered by broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Sorry if I was unclear.

Agree the premium channels are provided by broadband but the BT TV app on my smart tv won't display them but asks for BT TV Extra. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

If you're on a NowTV pack, you watch the extra channels supplied by NowTV through the NowTV app and BT Sport via the BT sport app

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @eyore26  which BT Tv package do you currently have (your bill or My BT app should indicate what it is called) ?

Do you have a BT TV (Youview) box connected (perhaps on a different TV as you are  using apps on your smart TV)  ? If so are you able to watch your BT Sport and other premium channels via the Bt box ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
I have TV Starter +Sport.
I don't use a box as I can't get youview but watch Sport via the app on smart TV with ethernet link to hub.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

What "premium content" are you trying to watch? IIRC, the only extra channel provided with a starter pack was AMC. But that was quite a while back.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution
Initially AMC and films, but as TV content becomes more flexible it would be nice to be able to use the service I pay for.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Again, if you want to watch the channels that are part of NowTV, you watch them through the NowTV app which includes movies on Sky Cinema

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
Why keep on about Now TV which I have never mentioned? I know I can get that and Prime and Netflix via the apps on my TV but not the BT service I pay for.
0 Ratings