Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Humax DTRT 4000 new set top box

Go to solution

So got the above new box. 
connected it the same way as I connected the old one.

when I turn off the tv the set top box switches off, it doesn’t go into standby mode just switches off.

this then causes problems for recordings, unless the tv is on it doesn’t record, any suggestions?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: Humax DTRT 4000 new set top box

Go to solution

@Fireflash1688 

This sounds like a CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) issue.

Your TV is sending a command down the HDMI cable when you turn it off, which is picked up by your BT box causing it to switch off... your old box probably didn't support CEC, that's why you didn't have the problem before.

I don't believe there are any CEC settings on the BT box, so you need to disable the functionality on your TV, where there will be a setting.

Depending on your make of TV, it made be called something slightly different than CEC , for example, Sony call it Bravia Sync, however, have a look through your menus and you should see a setting for controlling equipment connected to your TV, and turn it off...

I always turn off CEC on all my devices as it can cause so many problems, especially when you have equipment from different manufacturers.

Hope this helps and you get it sorted! 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

So...

thus was a good shout checked the settings and indeed the Sony Bravia sync was on. Turned them all off - turned the tv off and the box turned off arrrrrrrrrrgh.

Factory reset both TV & sound system and the box still turns off when I turn the tv off. I think at the weekend, tv off the wall, disconnect all cables and start from scratch.

after that, I’m lost, I’m out of ideas, thanks for the suggestion I had an idea it may be this but at present it looks like it’s something else. 
Watch this space, thank you!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Are you turning your TV off using the Sony remote control or the Humax one ?

I have Bravia Sync turned on and use the Humax remote all the time, the TV turns on when I wake the box up and stays on when I put it (the box) into standby, likewise I can put the TV into standby (using the Humax remote) and the TV box stays on. Don't forget, the box will still record when in standby (i.e red light on the front)

If you're saying that the front panel LED goes off completely, then you may want to check your Power Management settings

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Ok so tried both suggestions and can’t get the desired outcome.

my tv is a Sony so thought this would be the right fix, but it’s still no different I’ve changed the syc settings and it still turns off when I turn the tv off! The BT remote does all it should except turn the tv on/off, press the button- nothing happens. Weekend approaches so the tv is coming off the wall I’ll reset everything and reconnect everything using the manuals and setup guides

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

If the remote is not controlling the TV then you need to set it up, see:

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/remote-control/how-do-i-control-my-tv-with-my-bt-tv-remote-...

Don't know what else it could be but I'd be inclined to do a factory reset on the box before I start ripping the TV off the wall:

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@Fireflash1688 

There might be something in your last post.

If the BT TV remote has been programmed to the TV correctly then it would turn the TV off/on as that's the fundemental step in programming the remote to the TV. Not sure why that would have an effect though but possibly worth looking into.

The BT TV remote should only do the TV on/off, volume & AV source change.

Just read another of your posts, exactly how is the BT TV box connected to the TV as you mentioned your sound system?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Fireflash1688 

Crumbs, I had hoped you would be all sorted by now.

There can only be two reasons for the behaviour you are seeing...

1. The remote you are using.

2. CEC

I think the next step is to identify which of the two is causing the problem.

What I would do is place something like a navy or black T-shirt over the BT box, JUST for a few seconds, so it doesn't over heat.

And turn the TV off, the dark T-shirt should block any IR signal from your remote and help identify if it's a remote or CEC issue!

I stress again, only pop the dark t-shirt over your BT box for a few seconds!  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Ok so the remote for BT now works with the TV, big shout-out thanks for that
The by box still turns off, I’m leaning towards the Sony surround sound and Bravia sync settings.

its frustrating but one by one I’m crossing the issues off the list. I need to get the tv off the wall to check the hdmi cables and which ones are which, just for clarity. I have a spare Sony TV I’m going to try with tomorrow to see if I can get that to work with the set top box, that way I can eliminate issues on the main tv, hopefully???

thanks everyone, normally I can sort these sorts of issues but this one has got me stumped at present!

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@Fireflash1688 

I did ask in my previous post how the Youview box was connected to the TV and you keep mentioning the Sony sound system.

Is the sound system a factor in ,say, the Youview box HDMI goes to the sound system and then the TV and the sound system turns the Youview box off?

I don't have a sound system so don't know if that sort of action is possible.

0 Ratings