Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Humax DTRT 4000 new set top box

Go to solution
Do you have Bravia Sync enabled in the Sony surround system? I suspect it could be related to this. If you don't need CEC (Bravia Sync and various other names from other companies) I would suggest turning it off everywhere.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Turn both your TV and set-top box on then disconnect the TV from the mains supply at the wall socket, does the box remain on?

0 Ratings
Fireflash1688
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

529D4789-4A56-4853-A98B-02D7AB1FA9DC.jpeg

Evening everyone. 
apologies for not responding sooner, had to work. 
so grateful for everyone’s input and help, it’s been invaluable, but the good news is I think..... I’m certain I’ve sorted it.

I tried everything everyone suggested and it didn’t work, so before taking the main TV off the wall I got a spare SONY Bravia tv and plugged that in and connected the BT Box directly into that, so no hdmi to the main tv or the Sony surround sound..... nothing happened the box didn’t even turn on!

After much head scratching turned the main tv on by mistake and the BT box came to life, this really puzzled me, as the picture was on the second tv!? Turned the main tv off and the BT box went off, the air was a little blue.

So the only common denominator was the anti-surge extension sockets that the tv, surround sound and BT box was connected to, so unplugged everything, used a standard extension and plugged the spare tv into that and BT box switched on - got picture and sound, turned tv off and BT box stayed on! Tried it with main tv and same result, BT box stayed on.

So problem seems to be sorted. Attached is the extension lead it was plugged into, clearly something in that device was causing an issue.

thanks again everyone, I’m not a tech expert, but I’m usually good with stuff like this, it was beginning to get on my wick, especially when things turned off and on that weren’t physically connected or so I thought.

thanks again everyone 

0 Ratings
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
Glad it's sorted and looking at the text on the strip, it is a green one which I suspect turns some (or all) of the ports off when the primary screen switches off. Would explain what you are seeing.
0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Glad it's sorted!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

I wish you'd mentioned a surge protector earlier, we could have had it sorted in no time. C'est la Vie

0 Ratings