cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wendy12
Message 1 of 4

Humax DTRT2100 reset

Hello there,

This is my first time on the forum and I just wondered if anyone can help me I have a Humax DTRT2100 YouView BT TV box.

Is it possible to do a factory reset without losing recordings?  When I’ve previously phoned BT they’ve always been able to do it by pressing a button at they’re end. Is it possible for customers to do it from their homes? I’ve discovered I sometimes need to do a complete factory reset so it would be useful to know.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who can help as I didn’t fancy phoning BT again. It usually takes SO long to get through.

Thank you!

Wendy Jones 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Humax DTRT2100 reset

Hi @Wendy12 

If you go to this page https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/ it will explain Maintenance Mode and includes the instructions for the various models. At the bottom it also lists the reset options that you'll get when in Maintenance Mode, so you can have a look at your options before you start.

When I've done it I've found that it can sometimes take a few attempts to get into Maintenance Mode, it seems to be a bit fussy with the timing of switching the box on and holding down the button.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

@Wendy12 

As @Andy005 says.

Options 2 & 4 are the ones to use and best not ever let BT do a reset for you in my view.

Wendy12
Message 4 of 4

Thank you so much for your reply 

Kindest Regards

Wendy Jones

0 Ratings