Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DaveX19
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Humax YouView Box Will Not Switch On

Go to solution

Hi

I have been experiencing issues with my YouView box.

This has been going on for weeks now. When I try to switch the box on while it is in stand by, with the circular light lit orange on the front. It will not switch on using the remote or the front panel button. I power it off using the switch at the rear and wait 30 seconds or so and then power it back on.

Sometimes it will come back on once it restarts and other times (like now as I type this) it will hang with the Humax splash screen with Ver A7.76 in the bottom left corner.

Last week when it decided to actually work I was in the middle of watching something on C&I the screen just went blank and there was no sound. The circular light was still blue and no response was available from the remote or the units buttons.

I tried doing the factory reset via the units butons and it is currently in the state I described above.

It is the full sized Humax model with the illuminated circular light in the center of the front panel. BT Product Code 882300.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Message 2 of 4

Re: Humax YouView Box Will Not Switch On

Go to solution

Hi @DaveX19,

Its sound like the box has gone faulty.

If you send me in your details I'll be able to run a few checks and if needed I can get that box replaced. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
DaveX19
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you very much PaddyB.
I have just filled in the details as requested. Hope I did it correctly as I've not had to contact a Moderator before.
Thanks again
Dave
0 Ratings
DaveX19
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB

Thank you for your help in sorting out my problem.

Cheers

Dave

0 Ratings