cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PingMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

I need a returns bag for my BT Vision box how do I get one. BT website is NBG for this enquiry.

Go to solution

I need a returns bag for my BT Vision box how do I get one. BT website is NBG for this enquiry. Thanks for your assistance with this.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: I need a returns bag for my BT Vision box how do I get one. BT website is NBG for this enquiry.

Go to solution

@PingMan 

Are you referring to the old BT Vision box, or the newer BT YouView box?

What is the reason for the return?

This is what the old BT Vision + box looks like.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
PingMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: I need a returns bag for my BT Vision box how do I get one. BT website is NBG for this enquiry.

Go to solution

Hi Keith, thank you for prompt response. My mistake, it's a BT Youview box (I used to have a BT Vision box, apologies for confusion). Reason for return...I cancelled my BT TV subscription a few months ago. Regards, Paul.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

How long have you had the BT YouView box?

If its longer than a year, then the box is yours to keep.

0 Ratings
PingMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Definitely longer than a year. OK I will put it in local electronics recycling. Thanks for your help. 👍

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@PingMan wrote:

Definitely longer than a year. OK I will put it in local electronics recycling. Thanks for your help. 👍

Why not keep it, or pass it on to a family member, as it will still work for everything else, apart from the paid subscription channels?

Its a good FreeView PVR, and you can still use the catch up services, its a pity to take it to the recycling centre.

0 Ratings
PingMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

It's interesting how things change so much in a relatively short period these days...catch up I'd stream BBC iPlayer, extremely rarely All4 ot ITV player. I did have some films recorded on the Youview but usually stream from Amazon or Netflix. And when I think of how many VHS tapes I used to have!...also I found the freeview quality through the Youview box not as good as directly through my TV which is why I haven't ever really used it much and had some lip sync issues as well.

And the main reason for getting shot of BT TV was that I had free BT Sport (only used occasionally for some football tbh) and when I spoke to them about changing the package, apparently it wouldn't be free if I changed. So they've lost all of the TV revenue from me completely now, and I've been a BT customer for more years than I care to remember. The "customer service" guy didn't seem to be bothered. It's all a numbers game for the people at the top, now more than ever, but it's saved me £20+/month and I don't miss BT TV at all.

0 Ratings