cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
7cfm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

I preregistered for youview, now how do I now order it?

Go to solution

I am a BT Vision customer and pre registered for youview, I got an Email back saying that I would be able to order a week early but have not had a follow up Email. Has any-one recieved the follow up Email yet or know how to make the order?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
paul_c
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: I preregistered for youview, now how do I now order it?

Go to solution

Just got the email and it says to ring 0800 678 1966 and quote youview earlybird.  Not sure if I should have posted that but sure it'll be ok!

0 Ratings
AJP
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Just had the email - basically you do this;

Call 0800 678 1966 now to order YouView from BT and quote ‘YouView Earlybird’

0 Ratings
7cfm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks both, I have just ordered it, its being delivered on Tuesday

0 Ratings
C_OD-C
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@7cfm wrote:

Thanks both, I have just ordered it, its being delivered on Tuesday

I was just wondering, did you actually receive an email confirmation that you were receiving the new Humax BT Set Top Box on Tuesday, or did you just get told over the phone that this would be the case?

I ordered on Friday also, and for the order to be placed, you had to resubscribe to a 12 month contract, and the process involves cancelling your current service, Broadband, Phone & TV Package (or whatever you subscribe to). Now what wasn't explained to me is that your current Vision service has to be cancelled and this process isn't completed until Monday midnight (23rd BST 00:00). Your order can then be placed on the Tuesday for the Humax box to be sent out to you. .

To find all of this out I had to talk to a total of five different advisors over a period of 24hrs, and passed through two separate managers, one in the Vision Team and the other in the Customer Options Team. Now what has annoyed me is that my service had been stopped despite the fact that the earliest I am likely to receive my box is Thursday, but most likely Friday the 26th of October 2012. This is the official release day, and therefore pretty much ruins the whole initial 'Early Bird' excitement. 

I hope you respond to this shortly, or anyone else for that matter, as I would be interested to know whether this is the case for everyone, or a select few. The impression I got from the conversations I had with advisors showed that there was a complete lack of awareness of the product and the steps required in the process. 

0 Ratings
robby2k9
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Got the advanced order email on Friday.

Applied straight away, but the earliest date they could quote was Oct 30th.

As its a self-install I fail to see why its going to take them nearly 2 weeks to deliver a box to me!

0 Ratings
C_OD-C
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@robby2k9 wrote:

Got the advanced order email on Friday.

Applied straight away, but the earliest date they could quote was Oct 30th.

As its a self-install I fail to see why its going to take them nearly 2 weeks to deliver a box to me!

Hi there,

Thanks for sending a response so soon after I brought up this issue. 

Well I'm disappointed for you that you have been quoted a date that is 4 days post-official launch date. At least I am not the only one that is having issues working out what is going on. So far that is three completely contrasting exepriences of, as you stated, "a self-install" order that should have been as simple as ticking a box and selecting the 'Order' button and job done. 

I don't officIally have the date yet of the arrival of my new set top box, but I have been told that it will be ordered on Tuesday (call back at 7pm), but I'm not going to hold my breath as so far this has been a farse and extremely time consuming. I really don't know why this surprises me, as the Infinity nightmare of the quarterly window for enablement being moved forward every 3 months has been beyond frustrating, and somewhat insulting. This just puts the icing on the cake for me!

To be fair though, I am being reimburssed for the loss of service I am receiving until my YouView goes live, so I will not be out of pocket. The deal that BT worked out with me has significantly reduced my Broadband and Phone bill. Fair play for that, and credit where it is due for making an effort to reduce my overall costs. The YouView nightmare has been long running though (much like the Inifinty ordeal) and someone somewhere needs to pull the finger out here. Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
7cfm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

I did not receive a confirmation Email despite being told that I would, luckily though I was given a tracking number and I can track the order online. I have just checked and there is a parcel force tracking number for delivery on Tuesday for the hardware, so far so good :-)

I was made aware when I made the order that my vision account would be cancelled and a new 12 month one would be opened, mainly because the tariff I am currently on no longer exists.

0 Ratings
C_OD-C
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

7cfm wrote:

I did not receive a confirmation Email despite being told that I would, luckily though I was given a tracking number and I can track the order online. I have just checked and there is a parcel force tracking number for delivery on Tuesday for the hardware, so far so good :-)

I was made aware when I made the order that my vision account would be cancelled and a new 12 month one would be opened, mainly because the tariff I am currently on no longer exists.

Well it's good to know you at least have a tracking number and verification of yoru order and delivery time. Smiley Happy

I'm not quite sure why these orders are being handled completely different on a call-by-call basis. I have been a BT customer for 5 years, on the same top tier package, and was happy to regrade my service with a new subscription so I could test out the YouView Early Bird offering. What I wasn't happy with was losing my TV service and not having a scooby of when to expect my box. Surely it would have made sense to cancel my Vision service when the order had been placed, and not leaving me for (what will be) one week twiddling my thumbs.

As far as I was concerned when I placed my order on Friday, my box was coming out to me for the due date of Monday/Tuesday, which was what I had agreed upon. The emails I received completely contradicted this, and so I was forced to call back and go through the process of inter-department confusion as to why my service had been stopped if the box wasn't due to be shipped until the following week. 

Please let us know how you get on when you receive yoru box on the Tuesday. Despite the hassle of thsi process I am mighty eager to check this badboy out. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
C_OD-C
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Oops! Smiley Embarassed:

0 Ratings