cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
C_OD-C
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: I preregistered for youview, now how do I now order it?

Go to solution

@7cfm wrote:

I did not receive a confirmation Email despite being told that I would, luckily though I was given a tracking number and I can track the order online. I have just checked and there is a parcel force tracking number for delivery on Tuesday for the hardware, so far so good πŸ™‚

I was made aware when I made the order that my vision account would be cancelled and a new 12 month one would be opened, mainly because the tariff I am currently on no longer exists.

Right, a final pre-receipt order response to this thread. For any of you who are looking at this wondering how the process works and are confused with the above contrasting experiences, I have had this explained to me as it is, and after speaking with a total of six different people at BT from the Vision, Customer Options, and Management Team.

If you are an existing Vision TV customer, then the order should have been placed without current interuption of your service, and simply regraded. My service was stopped in error and I am left without and the Vision service for 10 days, until I receive my box on the 29th of October. 7cfm has been provided a tracking number which states delivery tomorrow, Tuesday 23rd of October 2012. I spoke in length about this gulf in timescales, and it was advised to me in no uncertain terms, that there was not an earlier due date to receive the order. All orders are posted with the same freight costs and expected receipt times, and I can only assume that maybe some folk live in a location which means that they receive their order well in advance?

If anyone could confirm why or if this is the case I would greatly appreciate it as I have lost my confidence in BT to provide accurate information across the board? I have been so confused with the unbeliveable wealth of misinformation that I now find myself questioning every aspect to determine what the helll is going on. The poor guy I spoke to this morning in the Options Team had never even seen this offer and had never put one through before. From the general feedback I got from other colleagues over the weekend, there was a serious lack of awareness and therefore lack of ability to correctly place these orders. It would appear that none of the staff have been trained or made fully aware of the YouView service, and if this is the case, then maybe BT have lost so much confidence in this product that they have already doomed it to faiure! 

As usual something has went seriously wrong with the process from start-to-end, and unless people question it then it will just continue to flap along until it hits something. 

0 Ratings
SamdyGray
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Got my email Friday, ordered yesterday and have been told the box will be delivered tomorrow.

I'm on an existing Phone, Infinity & Vision package which wasn't due to expire until December. Was very straightforwards for me, all I had to do was recontract for 12 months.

Will hopefully find out later today whether the box has been dispatched in time for tomorrow or not.

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Well I ordered on Friday online, got my order acknowledgement and tracking number. Tracking number doesn't work, and according to a friend who works for BT there is no sign of my order on their systems.

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

EXACT thing thats happening to every one ,nobody seems to give a monkeys ........

0 Ratings
C_OD-C
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

If anyone could confirm whether they have received their YouView box and if their service has been activated, that would be great. My partner looks like she is going to go in to labour shortly, but hopefully if all goes well we will be back on time for Monday's receipt of the box. Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
i was preregistered,rang last friday,told delivery would be tuesday,it arrived today[thurs] it took a few phone calls but i got there in the end.just plug in and play.seems ok at moment.
0 Ratings