cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

IP Freeview future channels?

Good evening all, after a ropey start, I'm really enjoying the pro box, it's fast, responsive, clean UI and no clutter of pointless channels 

I know the IP mode is still very new but is the plan to add the additional Freeview channels as time goes on? The three channels that spring to mind from UKTV Watch, Yesterday and drama.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: IP Freeview future channels?

All 3 channels are on Sky Glass in HD, so IP streams are clearly available, it’s just comes down to whether or not BT and UKTV can agree a suitable commercial agreement.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

You are not going to get an answer to that. No business is going to announce that they are "trying" because if they fail or take too long customers will complain, the 1st official word you will hear about any new channel is that a deal has been signed and the channel will start on x date

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure of the in's and outs of it. I just assumed as they were on terrestrial Freeview BT could broadcast them through IP.  Thanks for your replies.

Its not a major issue as I can still get the through the aerial on the TV itself. 

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Apparently according to another thread BT could not come to an agreement with UKTV as UKTV were not being reasonable with costs. 

They have said there will be new channels on the same thread but they did not give a timescale or mention which ones.

I believe you can livestream the channels from the UKTV app. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@Weerab1983 that's interesting thanks , I never realised that about the uktv app

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@moonie2014  The channels I am hoping for are the Great Moves* (ex Sony Movies). I know I could switch to IP, and watch them via the TV aerial, but I wouldn't be able to record a pgm if it is on late. 

Also the inability to record more than 2 channels is restricted, but as explained in other thredds, I understand the reasons why.

Message 8 of 10

Is there any update if any additional channels are to be added any time soom?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

The most definitive answer you're likely to get to that question is "Channels and regions will be added to this list as they become available". 

Don't take my word for it, it's there in black on white.

Internet mode free to air channel guide | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Personally I've plugged the aerial back into my BT TV Pro box until there's more channels. 

Its nice to have the option of more HD but I'd rather have more channels. 

I will consider giving it another go once they add more and if they get agreements with UKTV.

There has been another CBS channel that has been on Freeview for a month now and since other CBS channels are on the list I don't see the new one, as an example.

0 Ratings