Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 150

IPC 6023 Extra Channels Error

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Any advice on this error after mutiple late and long calls to BT the extra channels are not working.

I'm fibre to the home get a steady 80mbs and still it is not working. Before the extra channels were applied I was getting BT Sports now I just get this error code along with all the streamed channels

Anyone had this problem anyone else have any advice as BT seems to be out of it at the moment.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
149 REPLIES 149
daveyboy37
Message 2 of 150

Re: IPC 6023 Extra Channels Error

Go to solution

Exact same issue here. Got connected to infinity with a new phone line on Tuesday. You view box arrived today. 

The whole package is working really well until i tested out the extra channels. Hit and miss if it connects and hit and miss if they stay connected. 

Ethernet connection being used. Home hub 4 and router next to each other. Same 80 meg FTTH as the thread starter. 

Home someone who has seen it all before can help us out :smileysad:

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 150

Go to solution
It's very strange BT broadband department say it's BT Vision and visa versa. I was getting BT Sport streamed up until the extra channels were switched on. It's almost like they forgot to turn something on.
This evening Broadband technical desk was passing the call over to Vision in the process they put the phone down. When they asked me to call back they gave me a pin that doesn't work. I will try and call back for the fifth time this week tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 150

Go to solution
Will get a Mod along to help

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 150

Go to solution
Hi Guppyfish1,

If you fill out the contact us form located in the about me section of my profile we can take a look at this for you.
Cheers,
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 150

Go to solution

Thanks Stuart and thanks Christopher for your help.

I have filled in the customer help form. I phoned again this evening without little joy in resolving this issue and have been told again that someone will phone me back for the sixth time.

I still believe it is something wrong with the set up of the channels as I had BT Sport working and now none of the extra channels over broadband will work since the order was put live.

David

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 150

Go to solution

We have FTTH and it took weeks to get someone to get it working. I found the BT Care people in Northern Ireland were the most helpful, I found the best way to contact them was via Twitter

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 150

Go to solution

Thanks Cactusbob,

So just an update after 5 days I heard nothing so contacted BT this afternoon and again no joy. They will get someone to ring me again in 48 hours as they believe it's a network issue.

Interestingly enough I have also lost catch up on the Extra Channel Players so I can't even watch any of them even though I am still paying for it. I got a player update last night which seemed to remove this section on the BT Vision player

It's been sometime now so I hope to hear something soon from someone out there as I've also lost BT Sport channels since I applied to have the extra chanels.

David

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 150

Go to solution

Another update:

After speaking to the Broadband team who assured me it was a BT Exchange issue and they had resolved the issue on Sunday. I still get the IPC6023 Extra channels error.

I've contacted the Mods here but still no joy I shall fill out another form in the hope they get back to me soon. Perhaps if I get on Twitter someone will get back to me.

SWMBO is not happy and has told me to end the BT relationship however I hold out hope that I will get the extra channels some day. Afterall I have been paying for them.

David

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 150

Go to solution

Hi Guppyfish,

Have you tried playing the channels with the youview box plugged directly into the Homehub with all other devices (Laptops, PC's, music streamers etc) disconnected as I have seen a weird case before where by a customer's PC was taking over the IGMP reporting from the youview box.

The IPC6023 error code, in this instance, means that the youview box has not recieved any multicast RTP packets for at least 5 seconds.

Steve

Community ModeratorSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings