Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryn02
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

IPC 6023 error message

Hi

I've followed the instructions the error message gives to cure the problem I have i.e. the picure briefly freezes. I suspect its an issue with buffering but my internet speeds are within the expected range e.g. approaching 38MB. Ive only been a bt customer for a few weeks but this issue is a recent occurance. Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: IPC 6023 error message

Are you using PLAs?
0 Ratings
bryn02
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

PLA? not sure what you mean. I'm using extenders if that helps?

0 Ratings
tweazle
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Not wishing to start a new thread on this same subject, I'm posting here. I have the same issue as the original poster.

Upgraded to infinity on 6th August 2015 and upgraded TV package at the same time to include multicast channels.

Since upgrade, NONE of the new channels work and I get black screen followed by IPC 6023 on all new channels.

I followed all the troubleshooting process advised on BT help pages, reset router, reset YouView box by turning off and on using switch at the back and then re-tuned all channels. Nothing worked.

Since then I have spent almost 2 hours with online chat  (Most of which was spent waiting for a response from the handler), doing more tests and switching off and on yet again, to be told and engineer will visit. Then a further extended wait to be told due to a 'technical error' an appointment could not be booked and I will be called tomorrow. Undoubtedly I will be required to do more switch flicking during that call!

I have had horrific experiences with BT (no)support in the past and now refuse to telephone them, online chat isn't much better mind you.

Youview box is connected via ethernet directly to hub (V5). Cable supplied by BT when new hub was delivered.

There was a software update to Youview box on 8th August at last check.

New channels are showing in TV guide, but cannot access any of them. Tried channel 399 as advised by online handler and that was error IPC 6023 also.

Speedtest confirms 73.42 Mbps.

Becoming very jaded by BT, being charged in advance for services that I cannot use 😞

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Yes PowerLine Adapters aka extenders, there are plenty of previous posts about this error using extenders. What model are they, have you reset them, are they Multicast compatible?
0 Ratings
bryn02
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I will try resetting the extenders

0 Ratings
cirobertson84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I would suggest you phone BT Customer Service and ask if your local exchange is multicast enabled as I had the exact same issue as you are having. I was also on online chat for over an hour and they asked if I wanted an engineer to visit, I politely declined this offer as I knew the issue was not on my end.

It did turn out that my local exchange is not multicast enabled and that is why BT Sport will not work on my youview box, and my exchange may not be multicast enabled for at least another 60 days. I was then told that I would not be charged for BT Sport during this time, although BT Sport is already free on my BT Infinity package, so that promise is utter worthless.

I will be phoning again and demanding money off my package as I was allowed to sign up when they were fully aware I would not be able to receive the service, and for the online chat woman to even suggest that it was an issue on my end is a joke when all she had to do and was check with the exchange.

Craig.

0 Ratings