cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianmbird
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

IPC 6023 error

So moved from Sky to BT over a week ago - youview ultra box / BT smart hub router - all workng oK , but none of my multicast channels working.

After 4 hours on phone and chat still no further forward 

ipc 6023 error  - 

BT Hav confirmed there are no hardware issues / download speed is fine  I cab=n get Iplayer etc wthout issues .

Could this be a network config error on the youview box / smart hub - any help greatly appreciated , t was me who decided to move from Sky , and if I don't get this sorted divorce is in the offing ( My daughters not too impressed either

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: IPC 6023 error

This is probably the most common of all error codes, do a search either on this community or on google and you'll find lots of reports of it with many different 'solutions'

In short it seems it does come down to your home network, the home hub 5 probably being the biggest single cause.

0 Ratings
ianmbird
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I have now spent probably over 6 hours googling / searching this forum , and no further forward

This should not be this difficult 

This is a vanilla BT set up - BT Home hub 6 - attached to new BT Ultra HD Youview box - hardwred by ethernet - no exotic routers - no home pulgs - just BT Kit talking to BT kit (or not in this case )

I've reset both router and Youview box on multiple occasions ,  Changed Micoflters / ethernet cables  - Download speeds are fine 70MB , I've even tried assigning static IP address to the youview box , manually addng the DNS server - and still no joy.

I've spent countless hours speaking on the phone to people in the UK , and people in Indian on the Chat function - and still no further forward , one even sent a new youview box statng that would 'defnately' sort my issue 

I've been promised call backs from some 'expert' support team - which have never materialised .

I have no idea where to go from here - subscribed kids channels , no sports channels , but BT are more than happy to take my money .

Sky were a buch of money grabbers with support that sucked - but at least their kit worked.

To say I'm disapponted  with BTis putting it mildly- and  see no end in sight (apart fro my marriage)

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 4 of 7

I'm surprised they sent you a new youview box for an error Code which is almost certainly network related, it would have made more sense to send you a new router.

is your phone delivered over the same connection as your broadband or on a separate copper line? If the latter then you don't need the micro-filter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@ianmbird I'm really sorry your BT TV service isn't working, from what you've described it sounds like a subscription or multicast network issue.  

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
barrykn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Same problem with same set of circumstances. New router, new filter unit all with same result.

looked at BT forum last night and am amazed at number of people with this problem and it looks like it goes back years.

Been talking to different BT support people all week but no resolution yet. Other people have suggested re configuring router manually but that was a short term fix.

It looks like Sky are wanting to go to internet download for their services, is this going to be the same for them?

It’s only “subscription” channels that freeze, BT ask you to look at ch 399 to see if it happens, it doesn’t! I recorded 3.5 hrs on from 18.00 and it didn’t freeze once while other channel did. 

As others have said “getting frustrated”

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue,

I will message you personally and look into this fault for you.

Community ModeratorJames
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings