Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TraderQ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

IPC 6023 - no Internet channels but catch up and iPhone app working

Go to solution

No internet channels - BT Sport and AMC. I have good connection to the Ultra HD box on the Internet and able to receive catch up TV and all digital channels.  But no Internet channels can be displayed on the television although all are showing in the programming guide but when I select them the screen goes blank.

Bt Sport app is running ok on my handheld devices but not on TV.

So far I have spent 2.5 hours with the service desk people in India who are eager to please but are only following a flow process and I have lost count of the reboots and resets of both Youview box and the router.

I have a Home Hub 5 showing 70mb download speed on speedchecker and which is showing connected to the UltraHD box and good for HD and SD broadcasts.

i have an engineer visiting on Tuesday but I do not believe this is a local problem, more a setting somewhere in the BT TV setup at the BT end which needs to be changed. 

Any help appreciated 

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Nicks1
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: IPC 6023 - no Internet channels but catch up and iPhone app working

Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue, have bt hub 5, and use extenders between hub and you view box. Have to unplug and reset the extenders every day so far for the last 5 days. Also have IPC6023 coming up on the broadband channels. Any suggestions would be helpful, can you let me know how the engineer gets on please? Thanks

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @TraderQ

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

When the screen goes blank, it then comes up with the IPC6023 dialog error?

Is the Ultra HD box hard wired to the Home Hub, as powerline adaptors etc. can cause problems.

If you are able to PM me your telephone number and the above info I'll have a look at the issue for you.

@Nicks1 it may be the extenders causing the IPC6023 errors, are you able to try with the YouView box directly connected to the Home Hub? And if there are still problems then are you also able to PM me your telephone number and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Gemma

TraderQ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Nick,

I have postponed the engineer visit pending further discussion with Gemma P.  Will post result.

0 Ratings
TraderQ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for your response and yes, the IPC6023 error is displayed when the screen goes blank.

I have test connected the UltraHD box to the router using a cable and it connects fine and also shows a Pass for Ultra HD broadband speed.  Whilst using the hard wired setup i tried the internet channels but they failed using that connection too.  I am a bit confused about this as I don't understand why, if the connection is showing good for HD and SD channels, and the catch up/on demand function works using the internet connection, it will not work for the internet TV channels.  It maeks me think the issue must be some kind of gateway setting or permission which must be granted for access.

I can also set up the box and router using a direct cable while we have a call. 

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
TraderQ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for your call and the action you took on the configuration.  The configuration review seems to have fixed the problem although I am having trouble with the Powerline adapters it does work fine with direct cable including UltraHD.  I will experiment with other adapters with faster line speed ot see if that works.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Nicks1
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Gemma_P, thanks for your message - mine SEEMS to have righted itself somehow, no problems since I posted the message has been fine! Will be sure to call on your expertise if it does go again though!

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Nicks1

Glad to hear all working okay now. Let me know if problem reoccurs.

Gemma

0 Ratings