cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
po37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 35

Re: IPC 6023

Just had the qube engineer here for an hour. Still no solution.

He escalated the problem over the phone, BT had him doing checks my 8 year old son would have tried before even reporting a problem.

After 40 minutes or so they decided there was a fault on the line, at this point I asked to speak to the BT customer services person on the other end of the phone. I explained that a BT broadband engineer had been on monday and he gave the line, router and everything else the all clear. Didnt make the slightest difference.

This is as plain as day a fault at either the exchange or cabinet, but having spent the best part of this week on the phone repeating the same tasks while all the time telling them I've tried this x amount of times before IT DOES NOT WORK !

Anyway if you are in Failsworth same as me and the poster above don't even bother trying to watch any internet TV over the weekend because I'm sure it will take best part of a week for them to realise the fault is at their end.

So since the software update on the 27th Nov i've had 2 boxes without internet TV, not interested in any money as recompense just an apology to say the fault was at their end and we're sorry to have wasted your time would do fine.

P.S. Sorry for the rant, but felt I needed to!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
emb0161
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 35

Hoping 3rd engineer on Monday is 3rd time lucky. 

At least it is accepted a fault in a cabinet.  We shall see.

Suspect you might have had the same engineer. He was asked to wait while they ran sone tests. He phoned his noss who told him to go to his next job. Bt phoned qube and asked he be sent back but he had closed the call! !!!!

There must be more affected in the area. M35 9

This is far ftom good enough!

0 Ratings
Colinnaylor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 35

There coming to mine a week on Monday so we we see I have try to tell them the fault is in the cabinet they are not listening to me. My mate is a computer engineer and he as been round and check and he as said it is not in your property but they still will not listen (he using to work for Microsoft) I think this is a big problem and they are stalling for time. I will be asking for a refund when they have fixed the issues
0 Ratings
emb0161
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 35

Same here not believing me. The last engineer kept saying the code was an aerial fault but that the aerial was ok, he put a new youview box on and generated a load of other errors that just confused things. Onlibe youview forum says it is multi cast problem. Which is what Tuesday engineer reported.

Bt dont seem to be able to link the calls from the same area with the same fault. Kept telling them there are others with the same fault in the same area.  

As I spoke to the next level support and got him to listen I think the message got through. I did get an apology repeatedly after listing the phone calls and visits.  

Time will tell

I will also want a refund

0 Ratings
emb0161
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 35

Enough is enough BT, now I am angry.

Just had a phone call from the engineer booked for tomorrow.  He is Qube engineer, not Openreach.  He cant do anything at the cabinet as I was promised.

How do I contact the mod?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 35

Hi emb0161,

Thanks for posting. I'll take a look at this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Colinnaylor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 35

Will drop you a email on Friday when I return home
0 Ratings
po37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 35

BT just rang to say the issue is now resolved!  Far from it still getting the same error message IPC 6023.

Surely they can see at least 3 people (the 3 in this thread) all on the same exchange all having the same problem since the last software update 27th nov.

Sick to the back teeth of being fobbed off with lame excuses and spending hours on the phone repeating the same procedures time after time. 

0 Ratings
Colinnaylor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 35

Tell me about it. Bt should by now see the pattern and fix it if they don't fix it on Monday I will be ask to speak to a supervisor there because it look like nobody is listening to us or there engineering. Do you think they will listen if I speak to oftel about us paying for a service there are not providing
0 Ratings
emb0161
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 35

have sent a pm DavidM. Have also emailed in a complaint.

Update, have over an hour the Qube engingineer and BT engineer on phone, with the same trying replacing hub and youview box, same conclusion and another appointment booked for Wednesday for Openreach engineer.
This Qube chappy had come directly from another customer within half mile with same problem, as obviously not one of the other 2 in this thread, shows it is a Failsworth problem.
0 Ratings