Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

IPC 6023

Go to solution

I continue to have ongoing IPC6023 errors on the extra channels and getting a little bit worried this may not be resolved before the Tour de France starting in less than 2 weeks time!

I originally posted details in late May in https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/IPC6023-error-ongoing-frustrations/td-p/1748545

I would be really grateful if a mod could let me contact them direct as I have seen other users doing with the same error.

To summarise, I have tested on both the old BT Vision box and Youview box, and also the HH5 (currently connected) and a TPLink router that displayed exact same issue (being channels show for a seeming random amount of time, befoore dropping out with an IPC6023 error, usually within 10-15 minutes of selecting the channel. Broadband speed is usually aroud 40-50 mbps (despite "guaranteed" speed being higher for my Infinity 2 package). Connection is ethernet wired, rather than wireless or powerline connection.

Many thanks in advance if a mod can help.

George

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: IPC 6023

Go to solution

Hi @Porgey and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're still having problems with the IPC 6023 error message. I'm sure I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks David. Just contacted you Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Porgey,

Thanks for taking my call today. Hopefully this is sorted but I'll call you again on Friday to confirm.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Porgey,

I tried calling this morning, sorry I missed you. I've had confirmation that this should now be sorted so can you post back and let me know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi David,

Thank you for all your help on this one (and sorry I missed your earlier calls).

I am happy to report all looks good now, with a full weekend of uniniterrupted viewing on Eurosport HD. As you suggested, this seems like it was an issue at the local excahnge that has now been rectified.

Many thanks,

George

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Porgey Thanks for the update, that's great I'm glad it's sorted and I'll make sure to let @DavidM know you've posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Re: IPC 6023 using TP-LINK TD-W9970 with ADSL2+

Go to solution

Hi,

having encountered IPC6023 on tp-link Archer D50 they (tp-link support) suggested I get the TD-W9970 (V2) as (model V1 had a firmware update) to allow BT Youview box to work using rather inexpensive modem/router. e.g. given it can cater for either VDSL or ADSL.

Well, the firmware may work (for VDSL), but not for ADSL2+!  And yes I encountered IPC6023 on the Youview box.

Yet  BT Sport works fine (via either tp-link modem/router) using BT Sports App (Android) or via HTTP web browser? So yes a little peculiar.

Perhaps I should say PPPOA does not work. PPPOE does (apparently); well that's the original (VDSL) firmware fix. 

This was confirmed this week based on discussions with a tp-link technician (wireshark confirmed) during a debug session.

Will tp-link provide firmware to resolve PPPOA issue, even though this modem/router is cheap?

Basically I believe the question for any alternative supplier (tp-link/Netgear etc) is this. If you support BT it should extend to the BT IPTV implementation as well. As I understand BT implements multicast in a slightly different manner?

Now I'm waiting for either a firmware release (I've only a week where I can return get a refund for the TD-W9970), or consider plan B... which I've yet to decide! Will let you know if tp-link deliver on ADSL2+ for the TD-W9970!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi I too am having the dreaded IPC 6023 come up whilst watching BT TV via my mini YouView box connected to my BT Infinity Hub using Powerline adaptors.

Now I understand the issue regarding speed with a copper connection but i have fibre to the house and my download and upload speeds are well in excess of the 5mps required.

If the powerline adaptors are the problem what is the solution when my Hub is upstairs and my TV downstairs ???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, I also have powerline adapters with mini Youview box + I'm using ADSL (not fibre), but speed is not the cause of your problem I mean this setup works just fine.  nb I test the powerline adapters by hooking my laptop into this connection. Once I confirm all is good then I move the cable over to the mini youview box. Hope this helps

0 Ratings