Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

IPC6017 error after using BT player

Go to solution

My Youview box upated to the new software last night and after I use BT Player, when I try to watch internet channels it displays IPC6017. Have followed the help page on error codes and also used live chat to no avail.

How can I resolve this please?

Thanks

All on demand players working perfectly.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: IPC6017 error after using BT player

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks Keith!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @StefanMc

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community forum!

I'm sorry that you're seeing error code IPC-6017 on your BT TV service.  Thanks for trying the self help links on our website and I appreciate the time you have spent speaking with my colleagues online.

Can you send us over your details and we will help you with this from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Just to let everyone know was told on live chat there has been an authentication problem with some of the recently updated Youview boxes hence why the internet channels wouldn't work and they are fixing it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Did they offer any time scales we have been on the phone and emailed the moderators we have had enough and are just trying to leave but keep getting passed on to faults and have had a cube engineer booked the people on the phone don't seam to grasp that we have already tried more than what they would. My husband has ms and just doesn't need the stress. To keep us here after this it would have to be a massive good will guesture other wise we are getting sky broadband in.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

They said 3 days, so up to Tuesday night.

The problem appeared to fix itself this morning on my box however the error codes came back this afternoon so went onto live chat and they said they are aware of a problem affecting recently updated youview boxes in the last 24 hours with the bt player and internet channels and would aim to fix within 3 days

Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
Hopefully this happens I could imagine that sky customers wouldn't half be annoyed if this happens to them but because it's bt tv and less customers only a few have complained here. I don't know if you use bt store but the purchases dissappeard for us as well
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @StefanMc,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave you a quick call, I'm sorry that I didn't get speaking to you today. I've reported you issue to my colleagues in the BT TV team and I'll get back in touch as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
Paddy it's obvious it's effecting more customers then one you only have to look at my thread. This issue has also effected purchased content. When you have reported it is this with a view to fix the problem at bts end for ALL customers there is no way all them customers boxes are bust. We even tried two youview boxes with the same result this is clearly a error on your side.
0 Ratings