IPC6023 #2

how do i ge the solution as this issue is exactly my problem

tganks in advance

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES
Message 2 of 33

Re: IPC6023 #2

Hi @mattswain24 and welcome.

How are you connecting the youview box? Is it via cable directly to the hub or via adaptors or extenders?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
mattswain24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

it is via adaptors

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

Thanks for confirming that @mattswain24. Are you able to connect directly with cable?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
mattswain24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 33

sorry David

it i s via a router and the power adaptor and then another router into the hub. the best nternet can be used from the second router through wi-fi. i have tried to changed the primary and secondary DNS but no luck

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 33

You will need to connect it directly to the home hub to prove whether its an issue with the YouView box or not.

I suspect that you are losing the multicast data, because of those additional routers. You would normally only have one router, which is the home hub. Any additional routers are going to result in double NAT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
mattswain24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 33

it has been contacted directly and that works fine. i get an but sport internet connected and the. get the ipc6023 error

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 33

Does everything work when you connect it directly with a cable?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 33

I'm guessing you're using an old router as a network hub and that this is the cause of your problem. I'm sure you would get better results if you replaced the '2nd router' with an unmanaged network hub, these cost in the order of £15 or thereabouts from a well known, indeed prime, online retailer.

0 Ratings
mattswain24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 33

just purchased a new router from curry’s this was £19. 

0 Ratings