cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottyb40
Message 41 of 109

Re: IPC6023 - Advanced Diagnosis

Hi everyone, just came across this thread because i have just started having the same issues with code 6023 appearing on my extra channels after about three weeks of use.
All connections appear fine, everything else works fine, just the extra channels break up after a few minutes, any help or info would be much appreciated.
0 Ratings
sundancerat
Message 42 of 109

My exchange has just been enabled for Fibre Multicast (last week I think) and I phoned up to get BT Sports and have been told it has been enabled, however I am getting the IPC-6023 error. I came across this forum  and as I am a software engineer I thought I'd try out the self diagnosis using VLC PLayer and TS Reader Lite. Both of these seem to indicate that there is no multicast! VLC Player does nothing and TS Reader Lite says that there is no signal.

Can you recommend who I should contact? Prior to identifying that I needed Fibre Multicast to be enabled at the Exchange, I have had various calls with BT support about getting BT Sport through my TV and I have never gotten anywhere. In fact after many calls I figured out that the exchange needed to be multicast enabled from this forum.

0 Ratings
Katyzeppelin
Beginner
Message 43 of 109

Hi Steve and the rest of the hive mind,
I have set up a second Home Hub 5 as a repeater of the master HH5. I have succeeded in getting internet through wifi and the Ethernet ports, but have a problem when I try to connect my Youview box. Although it is getting Internet and the on demand services work, I am not able to receive the Extra channels such as Sky Sports.
I found your guidance at the top of this board really helpful and I was able to find that the repeater hub is not transmitting multicast (as the test channel would not load).

Does anyone have any ideas of how I might get the router to transmit the multicast channels? Just to clarify it is a new model Home Hub 5 and therefore should be multicast as the master unit works fine.
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Katy
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 109

Multicast is not transmitted over wireless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dactour
Message 45 of 109

Hi

I have recently upgraded my broadband to infinity and got a new hub 5 and ordered a new BT TV service. My BT TV only displays the free view channels although I subscribed to  BT Entertainement Plus and HD bundle for BT Sport on 26 August.

The BT Entertainement Plus channels till now do not work. When I click on a BT sport channel i get message asking me to upgrade (lthough Order management team confirmed that it is ative). When I click onSony or History channel I get a message saying these are not part of my subsciption. This evening following 4 weeks of calls with BT when I click on a channel I get "Channel unavilable...there is a problem receiving this channel....IPC 6023" e.g. History, Gold, Comedy cEntral..

My Entertained plus has been active since 9 Sept and appearin my bill while it has never worked. Also  none of my free BT sports pack channel work.

I have followed all the instructions stated on BT  IPC 6023 troubleshooting e.g. speed test on BT infinity using wired cable 11MBps, rebooted the Hub, the BT TV, changed the network cable,...nothing worked.

I apreciate any help. If this service is not working by end of this week then bye bye BT...and back to SKy. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 46 of 109

@dactour - could you check your speed test the results look suspect or incomplete - there are normally figures for download and upload speed .

Also is the Youview box conected via cable to the HomeHub ? 

0 Ratings
dactour
Message 47 of 109

Hi @zulu

Download speed was 11.3 Mbps and upload was 1.3mbs. I have bt infinity 38MBps. I have been monitoring the speed for. 1 week and it is the same. From exchage to my flat it is 16.3 MBPs.

I used the bt cable from router hub to youview BOx. I dont use power sockets. I tried another very good cable i had and same issue.
0 Ratings
Katyzeppelin
Beginner
Message 48 of 109

Hi Keith
I am not trying to transmit over wireless as I understand that doesn't work.
I have the slave HH5 on a wired connection to the master and then have the Youview box connected to the slave via Ethernet too. In theory I think it should work but do you know any reason the slave wouldn't repeat multicast over Ethernet?
Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 109

I would imagine that multicast packets are not being passed between the ports of the home hub, as the hub Ethernet ports are not designed that way, as they do not behave the same way as a normal hardware Ethernet switch,  as they are designed to direct multicast packets from the WAN side to the LAN side.

You would be much better off adding an Ethernet switch at the slave end before the slave home hub, and connecting the YouView box and slave hub to that switch. Nearly all Ethernet switches will pass multicast packets

Using a home hub as an additional wireless access point is rather a waste, and consumes much more power that a proper wireless access point.

0 Ratings
Katyzeppelin
Beginner
Message 50 of 109

Thanks for your thoughts Keith. I had wondered if that was the case. I know it's not the ideal solution to a second wireless access point, I was just trying it as a free solution as I found myself with a spare HH and found your guide to setting it up as a slave hub so useful!
I will try your suggestion, many thanks for your wisdom!
Katy
0 Ratings