cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 109

Re: IPC6023 - Advanced Diagnosis

BT Sport 4k UHD seems to be on the Fritz in my area, as it seems to regularly, IPC 6023 errors and mostly a green screen with bits of a frame for Burnley V Man City, all other channels i'm subscribed too including BT sport 1HD are fine. thankfully I found the BT sports backhall feed on 23.5°E to get a geniune full quality HD signal, unlike BT Sports 1 HD on BTTV, added bonus no adverts 🙂 .

0 Ratings
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 92 of 109

I just gave my router/modem a reboot for what it's worth. no change. it was working perfect tueday, wednesday, thursday night, no change in the line stats, currently interleaved which is very good for glitch free UDP multicast.

Currently switching to the UHD channel takes my Internet from 63Mbps ( 18mbps up) on speedtesters to struggling to get 10Mbps ( up stream gets smashed down to 0.3Mbps, really strange)  and totally un-usable, the standard Hd channels drop it down by to 55Mbps ( upstream unchanged)  but works fine. It normally drops to 25-35Mbps for UHD, I wanted to test it with TS reader to get a discontinuity count but it's not connecting for me today.

0 Ratings
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 109

Somebody must of found something, it's working again now. Spot on. 🙂 

0 Ratings
delky11
Beginner
Message 94 of 109

Hi

So, I was recently persauded to upgrade to BT Infinity with the extra Entertainment channels, even though I had called to downgrade and use Amazon Firestick  - my bad!

But the infuriating thing is, that now it is installed I can't get the internet channels. An engineer has come all the way to see me to tell me that, which I already knew!

It has now been raised as a tech fault. He thinks the signal is not communicating to my box as it's a new IP address.   Does that sound right to you?  Having read this forum, it's a multicast issue. 

we have been through all the standard tests... 

Wish I had stuck to my guns! 

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 109

Hi @delky11 Sorry you are not receiving the Internet channels.

If you are still having this fault we will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 109

Somethings still wrong in my area with the BT Sport UHD channel.

Some Days it's fine, Other days it's producing an IPC 6023 error and destroying my internet connection as if it's trying to reserve too much bandwidth for the channel and more than my connection can handle. despite more than adequate speeds.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 97 of 109

Hi, i have escalated this to Wholesale who have raised a fault into Openreach. Definately a config issue. Hopefully resolved within the next 48hrs, will keep chasing.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 98 of 109

thats for delky11 

0 Ratings
PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 99 of 109

My twopeneth on this topic.

I just connected a Now TV box to the same network switch that connects to my BT UHD box, and it killed the sports channel in 4k

I found, by substituting other cables etc, that the switch appeared to be at fault.  It was an old unbranded unit, and when I cahmged it for a spare Netgear switch I had, the UHD and Now Tv units worked at the same time

0 Ratings
neilo_h
Beginner
Message 100 of 109

Recently switched to BT.  Plenty of options out there for phone/TV/internet packages.  The thing that swung it for me was the BT Sport.  Which I cant actually watch on my TV.  On my laptop, iPad etc, no problem.  Just not via the YouView box.  None of the internet channels work through it.

Obviously, first thing I did was Google it.  Disappointed to find its a fairly common issue that drags on for months for some.  I went through all kinds of suggestions, still no joy (not even playing the network stream in VLC).

Raised a fault, went through the usual troubleshootiing steps.  Engineer sent out, confirms TV box is fine, hub (6A) is fine, everything inside the house is fine.  Also swapped TV box and hub with his known working spares, still nothing.  Said its a network fault somewhere.  "You'll get a call with an update within 48 hours".  Needless to say, I didnt.  Online chat with BT today was no help whatsoever.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I go from here?

0 Ratings