With the help of Steve_M an Openreach Engineer visited yesterday. Of course no continuity errors were showing. His tests said as much.
Anyway he replaced my HomeHub5A with a HomeHub5B and did a bit of external re-wiring. Previously my line had come from the distribution post (DP) to my house and gone via the hall and then back to my study near the wall where the wire from the DP is attached. This change has meant that there is now one joint and about 4m of cable instead of three joints and about 30m of cable from the wall attachment to my master socket.
This change has seen my UPLOAD speed increased from just under 10Mbps to 15Mbps and the down from about 50Mbps to 57Mbps. So there was clearly something wrong with the wiring. I've managed to watch this lunchtimes FA Cup match without a glitch BUT this isn't the end of my problems!
Just at the end of the match the BT TV lost signal. My new HomeHub had lost all its LAN connections but the WiFi still worked. I reset it etc etc all to no avail. I called BT and they're sending another HomeHub. Bizarrely after about 30 minutes fiddling the LAN ports are now working but I fear that it has an intermittent fault on it so I will replace it. Could it have overheated?
I'll keep my fingers crossed on the continuity errors.
I have a feeling that the problem with the hub is that it decided to do a firmware update. It now says it is running v.0.07.05.0A13 and it was updated today. Is this the latest firmware? It seems strange to do a firmware update during the day without warning. BT's website shows a different version number for current firmware and I'm sure that's what the hub was on yesterday.
If it wasn't for bad luck.
Funny you mention your line @ChrisB, my line has been flooded ducts twice now, both occations resulted in a speed drop. and both time the engineer didn't do a DLM reset, both times. I still have the SNR for 70 mbps minimum but probably 74mbps, first fault i got stuck at 67mbps, the day after the second fault after getting 67mbps I got dropped down to 59.999950mbps. So I should probably call out an engineer anyway.
I setup my laptop with TS reader lite and yes you can monitor for coninutity on any channel encrypted or not.
The wan cable is grounded via a an old pro netgear 10/100 switch it's screened cat6a cable. I setup my router as a static ip and connected it to the HH4, the HH4 gb wan to my router and DMZ, a cable to my laptop to monitor continuity and a shielded cable to the BT UHD box. double natting isn't ideal but it does help using the HH4 to diagnose faults.
I can go for hours with little or no continuity errors, then the wind gets up our side and and bam, I get a shedload, and ip6023 if on a bad count.
I run the counter on BT UHD while monitoring the picture on the TV via the BT box. for 1h24m so far 713 over all only 14 where in the first hour. Then the wind got up, I'm starting to think I have an intermittant line fault.
Not exactly sure what I did or didn't do, but it seems to have sorted itself out. I'm back on my asus RT-AC68U which has even fewer errors than the BT HH4.
Exactly how many continuity errors are normal with BTTV and the multicast streams? TS reader lite can go for days on my freeview or sat before hitting an continuity error.
Used tsreaderlite to check the streams....my set up is as follows - hh5 connected to fttc - hh6 (smart Hub) connected via ethernet at the "living" end of the house with dhcp turned off - youview box connected by ethernet to hh6. Tested at hh5 works perfectly no errors - tested at hh6 nothing - youview box gets the bt service via the button iu.e. on demand stuff but get error 6023 on the sport channels....it worked briefly one evening but never since - HELP!
I'm afraid I can't enlighten you but I'd also like to be enlightened! 😄
How far away from London, Ipswich or Belfast are you?
We attempted to replicate using just a Hub6 with DHCP turned off.
Youview box set to Manual connection using our own IP Address within 192.168.1.254.
We were unable to get any Multicast traffic.
On the Hub6 GUI we accessed the device details stored for the Youview box.
This was set to DHCP.
I changed this to Static, re-tuned the channel and it started to work.
After factory resetting the Youview and the Hub6 boxes I was unable to replicate following the same steps.
It would be interesting to know if the steps I took to resolve, also work for you.
Let us know how you get on, attach pictures if it does not continue to work.
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give it ago when I get a minute - though just checked and the channels aren't working again!