cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skycatcher
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 109

Re: IPC6023 - Advanced Diagnosis

I put the hh6 back on and checked the port but it was already set as static and still no reception... Same error message 😞
0 Ratings
tpadams
Beginner
Message 72 of 109

Hi,

My BT broadband and TV was activated this week, but I can't watch any of the internet channels including BT Sport due to the IPC6023 error. I have a Home Hub 6A. It's connected to the Youview box through an ethernet switch, however I still continue to receive the error when it is corrected direct to the Home Hub (and it would frankly be very poor if it didn't work through a switch, which should make no difference).

I tried testing the multicasting through both the methods described in the first post in this thread, but get nothing on either, making me think there must be some problem with settings in the router, or on BT's end.

Reading other posts about this problem (and there are many! This problem has been around for years yet BT still have failed to fix it), it usually ends up requiring a replacement BT Hub - is there a known problem with the 6A? I saw that skycatcher above is using a 6 and having problems.

0 Ratings
Andy-Smith
Message 73 of 109

I have downloaded VLC anD whilst watching the BT advertising it's breaking up the same time as the TV/You View does. What does this mean please. 

Regards

Andy

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 74 of 109

If it's direct to the home hub then probably a bad broadband line. I've seen hard wired switches that can't cope with multicast traffic and power line adapters have varied results from perfect to terrible
0 Ratings
simpic01
Beginner
Message 75 of 109

Hello, 

I seem to be suffering from the IPC6023 error all of a sudden.

I have had BT TV for 6 months now and it was working ok up till recently. I have made no changes to my network in the meantime.

I do not use the HH. I have a pfSense firewall acting as the main router which then goes to a TL-SG108E managed switch with IGMP Snooping enabled.

Even connecting the BTTV box directly to the pfSense router does not seem to work.

The error manifests itself after 4 mins as has been reported in various other threads. Also after 4 mins when uses the test channel on VLC.

Do I need an engineer call to check the line condition?

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 76 of 109

An engineer won't be able to help, it sounds like one of your devices has stopped responding to the IGMP reporting packets. Has one of them taken a software update? Have you any new devices such as printers or sonos?
0 Ratings
simpic01
Beginner
Message 77 of 109

Hello Steve_M, 

Yes I have Sonos on the network along with lots of other updateable devices.

The problem still occours when I connect the BTTV box direct to the router though, and disabling all other devices on the network.

0 Ratings
simpic01
Beginner
Message 78 of 109

Is there anything else you can suggest Steve?
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 79 of 109

Hi simpic01,

It sounds like a problem with your router - are you able to try a BT homeHub for 10 minutes? 

Steve

0 Ratings
simpic01
Beginner
Message 80 of 109

Yes will do.
0 Ratings