Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave5irons
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

IPC6023 Error message

Go to solution

All of my Internet TV channels come up with the same error message IPC6023. I have pretty much tried everything to resolve the issue, even some of the advice given in this fourm. However I still am unable to watch any channels. My hub is working perfectly and all my speed tests have been spot on where they should be. How else can I resolve the matter? Its Super frustrating! 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: IPC6023 Error message

Go to solution

This is a common fault but it is not related to connection speed, it suggests a loss of Multicast packets.

The problem could be with your home network or at the DSLAM, the first we may be able to help you with, only BT can sort out the second

You say you've tried all the advice given in this forum but you don't give any clues about your setup, how is your box connected to your hub (cable, mini connectors or other)?

Are you a new BT TV customer whose TV has never worked properly or are you a long term TV customer who's only just started experiencing problems

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
dave5irons
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

No problem, and thanks for the reply! I'm a new customer to BT, I've had the youveiw box and halo hub for about 4 weeks now, the last 3 weeks I've had no issues at all, however this week I've encountered the Ipc6023 error message. I also have and Ethernet cable connection between box and hub. Also i have a sky box running (connected through wifi)  and encounter no issues with downloads or streams? 

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

I assume you're using the BT Smarthub2? if so a good start would be to disable Smart Setup (see https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Error-Code-553/td-p/2058127#:~:text=Re%3A%20Error%20Code%3A%20553&.... )

BT TV uses Multicast and the IPC6023 error indicates loss of Multicast packets, Sky on the other hand do not use Multicast so you won't see that error on a Sky channel.

Try doing a factory reset of both the hub and the Youview box, if that doesn't resolve it then from the information you've given, it sounds like the problem is likely to be external to your home network in which case you would need the assistance of a moderator such as @DarrenW 

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Sorry for your issues, we will do some network checks and report back to the thread.

DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

We restarted your equipment remotely and can see service is restored.

0 Ratings
grannieannie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

We have had this problem since 22nd December no channels above number 300 numerous visits from BT and Openreach but we still have the problem.

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Are you getting the IPC6023 error message? Assuming it is;

How is your Youview box connected to your router, if not by ethernet cable then do what you must to get the box to within reach of a network cable and see if you still have the same problem.

DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @grannieannie1,

Sorry for your issues, there is a team dealing with your fault who have engaged the correct team to complete network checks, it seems to be taking longer than usual but if we haven't made any more progress by Monday, I will step in and escalate for you.

0 Ratings
grannieannie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Connection via Ethernet cable, brand new to replace existing one but fault remains. BT provided new box, problem still exists

0 Ratings