Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kortex
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

IPC6023 - Netgear XR500 Nighhawk Pro gaming - Channel stops after 4/5min

Go to solution

Hi community and BT support team,

I've just purchased a Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 and can't manage to get IPTV channels working more than 4 to 5 minutes, after which the channel freezes with the error code IPC6023.

I've ensured I followed the suggested steps which are to allow IGMP proxy on the netgear XR500 and also tried many different things which unfortuantely didn't help.

The symptom is very similar to what Phil raised HERE 3 days ago although I've got no problem multicasting the IPTV channels to my BT youview 4K PVR using the Home Hub 3.0 and another 3rd party router Billion 7800N. Just with the Netgear XR500.

I've raised on the netgear community my issue HERE, but I have very little hope I will get anything concrete. I was hoping, going through the responses on this forum form the community and mods that potentially, someone could suggest any idea/solution before I consider returning this equipment.

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
TotallyBananas
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPC6023 - Netgear XR500 Nighhawk Pro gaming - Channel stops after 4/5min

Go to solution
Hi. I had the same issue with my xr500 connected to a vigor 130 adsl modem. I had all the recommended settings for the xr500 including the igmp bt option built in.

Issue was the modem you connect to must be set up in bridge mode. For the vigor 130 the information is here: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-130-bridge
kortex
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks TotallyBananas,

I was using the Huawei EchoLite HG612 in its default configuration which I presume wasn't bridging the connection.

Before I consider re-ordering a new modem and router, can you just please confirm that now everything is 100% working from your side?

Thanks a lot!

0 Ratings
TotallyBananas
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

Yes I can confirm my setup is working pefectly now, I was watching BT IPTV for several hours yesterday without incident, I have a 50-60mb BT Infinity line after real speed test and am based near an exchange:

Setup details:

- Vigor 130 modem setup in bridge mode. The Vigor 130 can be easily reconfigured into Bridge Mode so that it behaves in a similar way to the Openreach FTTC (Fiber To The Cabinet) modem. This configuration can sometimes be more suitable if the Internet connection is also being used for IPTV services such as YouView or BT TV with a connected router.

- Once in bridge mode, the router being connected to the Vigor 130 (Netgear xr500 in my case) should usually be configured to use PPPoE (depending on ISP).

- Additionally, when configuring a connected router (xr500) to use IPTV, it will be necessary to enable your router manufacturer's equivalent of IGMP Proxy (IGMP disabled but with the 'Support British Telecom (BT) IGMP Proxying' box ticked). If you do not have this option on your xr500 then complete a firmware upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Ratings
kortex
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, yes it does help!

Final question for me,  is your Youview box directly connected to the XR500 or plugged via a switch?

Before I returned the XR500 to Amazon because of this issue, my installation was:

Huawei VDSL modem (HG612) -> netgear XR500 -> Dlink switch ->  Youview box

As I'm fairely confident the Huawei modem I was using was already configured in Bride mode, given the billion 7800N router was working fine for IPTV as my first Home Hub replacement, I am now wondering is the issue I faced wasn't due to the Dlink switch configuration on which I just noticed I haven't activated IGMP snooping on.

Again, thanks a lot!

0 Ratings
TotallyBananas
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

My setup is:

Vigor 130 -> Netgear XR500 -> Youview box via Ethernet Powerline adapter