cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dec1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

IPC6023 error on subscription channels

Hi. Just signed up for BT Sport and the channels work fine for about 4 minutes. Then the picture freezes, goes blank, and I get an IPC6023 error code with suggestions that the connection between hub and TV box is not good. Changing channel and then changing back again instantly fixes it for another 4 minutes, when it happens again. Restarted hub, box, and modem. Swapped out all cables. Tried connecting box to a different TV. Did factory reset of box. Turned off all other devices connected to the WiFi. Nothing has worked.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: IPC6023 error on subscription channels

If only I had a penny for every time this question has been asked - unfortunately I can only dream.

BT TV uses multicast and the IPC 6023 error indicates a loss of multicast packets, this can be due to a problem with both your home network and the wider BT network.

How is you Youview box connected to your router? if not by ethernet cable then do what you must to make it possible. If it's still the same then try a factory reset of your hub and if it's still the same after that then the chances are that the problem is with the DSLAM, in which case you will need intervention by a mod such as @DarrenW 

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Dec1
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks @Les-Gibson. Box is connected to hub by Ethernet. I've just done a factory restart of the hub and the error still happened.

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

In that case it's probably a configuration problem with the DSLAM and you will need the assistance of a mod to fix it

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings