cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

IPC6023 error - unable to watch live tv

Go to solution

Hi everyone, 

My wife and I are a new BT customer and had BT come out today and install our broadband, full fibre 900. The engineer installed the modem and set up the smart hub 2 router but there was a fault with the smart hub 2 router and a new one had to be ordered (being delivered tomorrow). The engineer left an older hub5 router with me so we could stay connected online until the new smart hub 2 arrives. 

I then went to set up the BT TV Box Pro. Connected it to the Internet via wifi and updated the box and then it found the channels. However when trying to watch a live channel I get the error code ISP6023. 

I have tested the speed and the WiFi speed is sitting around 300mbps atm. The apps on the BT TV Box Pro work perfectly, it's just not able to play live TV. 

I have power cycled all items including the Bt TV Box Pro, the Hub5 and the Modem, but this did not resolve the issue. 

I have connected the ethernet cable directly from the Hub5 to the BT TV Box Pro and the live channels will work for a few minutes on the wired connection but the error will then come up and the channel stops working. 

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the issue and can recommend on how to get this resolved so the live channels will work on wifi

Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPC6023 error - unable to watch live tv

Go to solution

Is it definitely a HH5 as that's very old?

rbz5416_0-1668712382333.png

This is just speculation but possibly the HH5 doesn't pass the required multicast through WiFi. The Pro Box is the first to use WiFi so there would have been no requirement for ye olde HH5 to do it. I'd be inclined to factory reset the box & connect it via ethernet from the start & see if that works.

Possibly also keep an eye on the Hub log & see if the software updates overnight. Again speculation but if the was an issue, maybe it was fixed by software.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the speedy reply 😃 Yeah thats the router the engineer gave to me. I think it was more so just so we had an internet connection whilst we wait for the replacement Smart Hub 2 to arrive. Hopefully then when that turns up it will resolve the issue, fingers crossed 🤞 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @JohnPaulNorman and welcome to our community.

I'd be interested to know if the new hub fixes this problem. Please keep us updated and if there are any problems I'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Yeah as soon as I got the new hub, connected it all up and tested I will drop an update in here 😃 thanks @DavidM 😊 

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Update. 

Got the new Smart Hub 2 in the post and connected it all up. I've tested it over the evening and this morning and the BT TV Box Pro is able to play the channels on wifi now which is great so it must have been the fact that it was the older hub that was causing the issue. 

The picture is a little blury though. For example when going on the app version on NOW TV the picture starts a little blury for a couple seconds and then sharpens up. However picture never sharpens up on the live tv guide through the BT TV Box Pro. Tired moving the box and router closer together, no improvement. No other devices connected consuming bandwidth or interference of the signal. I'm guessing this is just how it is. Kind of annoying when the picture quality is better when using the app instead of the live tv guide =( 

0 Ratings