cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

IPC6023 erroron BT Sport TV Channels

Hi, I have the IPC6023 error and it's driving me mad. My setup is 2 x YouView boxes - one downstairs directly ethernet cabled into the HomeHub. This works fine and I never get the error. The problem box is the upstairs YouView + box, which is connected via BT Powerline and a Netgear Hub. In short I will be happily watching BT sport HD or non HD channels upstairs and then every 3 minutes on the minute, the picture will freeze and the IPC6023 error pops up. I can flick up a channel to, BT Sport 2, and this appears instantly. After the 3 minutes the IPC6023 error will appear also on that channel. 

Sometimes it clears on it's own. Sometimes not.

I have tried taking the  Netgear hub out of the loop, and replacing all ethernet cables. No joy. Restarted all equipment including home hubs many times.

The only recent change on the network was me introducing BT Whole Home Wi Fi, and disabling the BT Home Hub wireless - both 2.4 and 5Ghz channels. 

I think this is a modem/router problem? But am relucant to upgrade to BT Smart Hub for £75 etc..

please help...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: IPC6023 erroron BT Sport TV Channels

Hi @Bezzamania,

welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your BT TV on your second box. The IPC6023 error, usually indicates a problem with the speed of the broadband connection. You can find a few more details here - 'IPC' error codes on YouView

Can you try hardwiring the second box directly into the Home Hub just to test? This will help to rule out the powerline adaptors.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Bezzamania

Sorry to see you are having issues, if you send me your landline number then I will happily investigate the issue for you.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

You need to ensure that IGMP proxying is enabled on your router.

0 Ratings