Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

IPC6023 youView error after Ultrafast upgrade

Hello, please help!

i have recently upgraded from “super fast” to “ultrafast” BT  broadband. With this entailed a new router (Smarthub2). Everything works except my Youview BTTV box on the channels delivered over broadband (multicast streams). There is never any picture, just the IPC 6023 error.

Unicast streams work fine, I.e. BBC iPlayer and channel 4 player. For simplicity, I have purely connected router directly with Ethernet cable to the youview box. There is no powerline adaptor between the two.

i have scoured the forums but cannot find a solution. A bttv engineer came out yesterday and tinkered with some youview settings like power timeout to 12 hours but that was never going to make any impact, so pointless visit.

Any suggestions before I ring up YET again. It feels like some sort of incompatibility between my exchange/ cabinet/ youview box/ smarthub2.

i have power cycled both devices, tried multiple Ethernet cables.. I’ve tried everything!

i can watch but channels on the iPad app so my account recognises that I can watch BT Sport etc.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPC6023 youView error after Ultrafast upgrade

Hi @Baldwing,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry your BT TV isn't working following your upgrade to Ultrafast. This is something I'll be able to help you with. If you send me in your details I'll be able to run a few checks on your service.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I have replied to the direct message.

i will update this thread so that others can see the progress.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

@Baldwing wrote:

Thanks, I have replied to the direct message.

i will update this thread so that others can see the progress.

Hi @Baldwing 

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon.

I'm sorry you're seeing error IPC6023 when trying to stream multicast channels after upgrading to Ultrafast.  I'll come back to you again next week as agreed and let you know when we get this fixed for you 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi Robbie and team,

I’ve returned home and the multicast streams are now working so I guess you have “made the amendment “. Thanks very much.

My openreach engineer was interested in any solution that I found as he had seen this error a few times. I just wanted to let him know, was it an exchange setting or something on my account?

thanks very much for getting it working!

😀

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Baldwing  thanks for the update and glad it's working now for you 🙂

@RobbieMac  will be back in the office tomorrow afternoon and let you know what he did to get it fixed.

cheers
John

0 Ratings