Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Essemess
Contributor
Message 111 of 137

Re: IPC6023

Go to solution

Any news from the engineering team?

I just turned over to check things and was greated with a blank screen and 6023 message....then all of a sudden the picture popped on!

No corruption and no sound drops. Been good for 10 minutes or so now.

Is that it? Back up and cooking? Cured? (holds breath in anticipation....)

0 Ratings
dalespitfire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 137

Go to solution

Yep - I have UHD back!!!  Looks good...

0 Ratings
laurastandrin
Contributor
Message 113 of 137

Go to solution
Iv not even tried mine yet. Is it still working for all you people out there? 😟
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Essemess
Contributor
Message 114 of 137

Go to solution

Been watching bobsleigh on BT sport for about 30 minutes with not a peep of corruption or sound drop.

It's nowt like cool runnings in real life.

😉

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 115 of 137

Go to solution
Hi guys,

Some switch configuration has been changed within the Openreach network. Are you seeing any glitches at all?

Steve
Essemess
Contributor
Message 116 of 137

Go to solution
Steve_m, been watching ip channels for nearly an hour with not even a hint of trouble.

Looks like it's cured!

Many thanks for all your assistance and pass on thanks to everyone involved.

Kind regards

SMS "Essemess"
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 117 of 137

Go to solution
Thanks!
dalespitfire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 137

Go to solution
Yep - its still steady for me too 🙂
0 Ratings
laurastandrin
Contributor
Message 119 of 137

Go to solution
Morning all how was your tv last night? Mine was ok finally! Although I only watched it for abit.
0 Ratings
Essemess
Contributor
Message 120 of 137

Go to solution

All looks good. 🙂

Thanks again to Steve_M and the engineering team.

I can appreciate that these things can take a few days to sort. It's ok. But what has really pee'd me about the outage is the incompetence from the call centre. These are the people that most would think is the only point of contact. Heck, how many must this saga have affected with all the areas that Steve_M listed? Yet there were only a few of us that sought a resolution via this forum which finaly resulted in a fix. If it wasnt for this platform would we all still be looking at a fuzzy screen while were told to "check cables and turn thing on and off again"?

On the whole, BT TV has been a lot more stable than Sky over the last year or so. Sky used to lose signal everytime there was bad rain! But a week and a bit of run-a-round prior to any action from the people who should (you would think) have their finger on the pulse of the network is unacceptable.

I was promised call back after call back via text mesage and received nothing. If it wasn't for people like Steve_M giving his time up for free, I'm sure there would be a lot of cancelled contracts right now. Something has to be done.

Watchdog? Ofcom? Someone at BT head office? At the very least our bill should be adjusted to reflect the loss of service.

Steve_M, you deserve a medal...and a customer retention bonus. The muppets at the call centre. What they deserve would get this post deleted.

Best wishes to everyone. May your telly service be ever stable.

- Stephen "Essemess"

0 Ratings