Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurastandrin
Contributor
Message 1 of 137

IPC6023

Go to solution
Hi im new here so hopefully I have posted in the right section. Now I'm with BT have been since the middle of January 2016. Everything was going fine up until around the 8th of February. I got an error on the screen IPC6023. I contacted bt which they then went on to help me reset everything ie router and youview box. Still no change, I couldn't watch any of my paid for channels only the free ones. Sony the lady said she would send out an engineer. The engineer came said all my set up was broadband speed of 30+mega bites, and he said it could be a package loss or a fault on BTs part. So he went away and my tv was still doing it. Now I can watch on demand with no buffering but its just my stupid tv channels that won't work! I'm paying for something I can't watch! Now my friend who lives 6 houses away from me is having the bang same problem! Now iv been told they have set up some changes to my phone line and broadband which should help with the package loss and that it would take no longer than 72hrs! Now it's still doing it and it's ridiculous! I'm paying a subscription for a free view box basically! So what I'm trying to say is can I cancel my tv package with them without paying the cancellation fee? I should think that BT have breached their contract due to not providing me with service they said they would! If anyone can give any advice it would be much appreciated. I am now nearly on the verge of going back to my old provider! Thank you for looking.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
136 REPLIES 136
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 137

Re: IPC6023

Go to solution

Sounds like something I can investigate internally...

Can you PM mee your details (BB Phone number or account number) and I'll see what I can do?

Thanks

Steve

Essemess
Contributor
Message 3 of 137

Go to solution

Did you get any resolution to this? You're not North Sheffield by any chance?

I also started experiencing ipc6023 error from the 8th Feb. After eventually securing an engineer visit he told me that "other customers in the area are experiencing the same issue so must be a problem for Open reach."

Now the problem seems to have gone into a black hole. The call centre staff just stick to the script and want to fault find an issue in the house every time I ring for an update.

An Openreach fault ticket appeared on my online account and was quickly marked as "Resolved"....it's far from it!!! If anything things are worse as now my Broadband speed seems to have become unstable since the scheduled date of the Openreach visit to local cabinet. Coincidence?

I appreciate that problems occur but the lack of any way to chase things down (is there any way to speak to openreach direct???) coupled with call centre staff who will seeming not (or not allowed to) engage any sort of logic is utterly frustrating.

Is there anybody within the BT group who could just give me a straight answer when I ask "what's been done to resolve this issue?"

And I left Sky for this! Grrrrrr.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 137

Go to solution

Hi Both,

I can see packet loss going through the Penistone exchange in that area. I am raising with both BT Wholesale and BT Openreach and will get back to you by end of day with an update.

Steve

Essemess
Contributor
Message 5 of 137

Go to solution

Steve_M,

You sir are a God send. Why couldn't the staff on the call centre just tell us that and then direct the appropriate resource?

Many thanks for the quick update.

Kind regards,

"Essemess"

0 Ratings
laurastandrin
Contributor
Message 6 of 137

Go to solution
Mine has still not been resolved, its good to know that there is an issue but not good to know that it's still not been resolved! I left sky aswell for this service and I am very close to ending my contract with BT! Its ridiculous how I'm paying for something I can't watch! I'm paying a subscription for a free view box basically. Andy update would be grateful once you know one! Thanks again!

P.s im in sheffield S36 and very close to Penistone! X
0 Ratings
laurastandrin
Contributor
Message 7 of 137

Go to solution
#any
0 Ratings
Essemess
Contributor
Message 8 of 137

Go to solution

Ditto for me, S36 edge of Barnsley / Sheffield / Penistone.

0 Ratings
laurastandrin
Contributor
Message 9 of 137

Go to solution
I tried replying to ur message but wouldn't let me? I'm in the same area as you, and it's funny how I never see any open reach vans and now iv seen no end of vans driving round. It either gets sorted or im leaving. I signed up to bt to receive channels and im not so in my eyes bt have breached their contract and I WILL NOT pay no cancellation fee. Iv been with them for just over a month and iv had no end of trouble. I was with sky for 4 years and not one issue was ever reported. So if bt keep checks in these forums please be assured I WILL LEAVE AND GO BACK TO SKY. Your taking money for a service your not providing. Simple.
0 Ratings
Essemess
Contributor
Message 10 of 137

Go to solution

Dunno on the reply fail thing 😞

There does seem to have been a few more vans kicking round in recent days. Something has to be up with the local kit in and around S36. Why the heck the guys at the BT call centre are not aware of this, I don't know! It's as if one half of the company just doesn't talk to the other 😞

Our broadband and TV have been solid as a rock for the last 18 months since we switched. This last week it all seems to have gone haywire though. Something must have gone with a pop. 

FIngers crossed it's just a simple tweak to something in Penistone 🙂

Essemess

0 Ratings