Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flexbar
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

IPC6023.....

Hello,

I have been a BT customer for about 6 weeks and had the use of bt sports and extra channels for about four days before the IPC6023 error.

I have been on the phone numourious times trying to sort the problem, i had an enginner come out who didnt know how to solve the problem.

So i thought i would post here to see if anyone can help me out.

I have 36mb infinity BB with a homehub 5. Nothing wrong with the interent at all. 

I have looked a various differnent ways of sorting this but it seems like a huge error with the yourview box that noone wants to admit. 

This is my first expereince with BT and well it hasnt been very good at all paying for a service im not receieving. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Flexbar
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: IPC6023.....

Seeing has I haven't had a response and wasted another 2 hours on the phone to someone who cannot help me. I'm going to be cancelling with BT.

Paying for a service that I don't receive is just totally unacceptable.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Sometimes a simple reboot of the Hub & Youview box will resolve the problem.

Bear in mind that this is a user forum and it rather depends on who and when user logon as to when your query is responded to.

The help that users receive here is pretty good in my experience and the BT mods who have a presence here are very good at getting issues resolved. The support got here is far superior to the offshore telephone support that most grumble about.

A little more patience would pay off.

BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 9

Hi Flexbar. Please don't cancel the service, I'd like to help resolve this issue. Could you PM your landline number and address and i'll look at this straight away. Thank you. Jay
0 Ratings
kerbydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi Tim

On your point about rebooting the Hub or TVs box will resolve it, your right it does work, however I find the issue just comes back a hour or so later for me.

I'm not trying to have a go at you I just wanted to ppint out that that isn't really a good fix for the problem
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

All I can say is that on the 2 ocassions over the 2 years I've had this set up it's worked for me. I don't use a HomeHub so that could be the difference.

No offence taken BTW.

0 Ratings
kerbydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Fair enough, I hope I can get this sorted it's so frustrating as it doesn't make any sense and I consider myself savvy with things like this.
0 Ratings
Flexbar
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

So after another enginner came out and 1h 40 mins on the phone to customer care. The technical team have said my exchange that provides Fibre hasnt got multicast enabled.

So i cannot recieve any interent channels provided. They offererd a free of charge cancellation due to the problems.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@Flexbar wrote:

So after another enginner came out and 1h 40 mins on the phone to customer care. The technical team have said my exchange that provides Fibre hasnt got multicast enabled.

So i cannot recieve any interent channels provided. They offererd a free of charge cancellation due to the problems.

That doesn't make sense as you said that you could previously get the extra channels for a time, which would AFAIK require multicast...

0 Ratings