cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

IPC6023

Hi - I've had this problem for ages with BT Sport and have just lived with it. I can cast BT Sport but have never been able to watch thru the BT YouView box via the channel guide. I'd really like to get this resolved but having read thru all the posts and threads still cant see what the solution is. It's not a bandwidth issue as Netflix/NowTV apps run fine.

I'm using powerline adapters from a BT HomeHub to the BT Youview box. Is there a fix or is it just trial and error? Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPC6023

@sab60 I'm sorry about that, the IPC6023 error is often caused by a bandwidth problem. Netflix and Now TV are not multicast channels and need less bandwidth so I'd recommend you try connecting the Youview box directly to the hub via an ethernet cable to rule out a problem with the powerline adapters.  Please post back and let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi. I tried it this morning. Hardwired the box direct from the router, rebooted everything, but no change. The apps still work (Netflix/Now/iPlayer) so the cable is OK. This might not make any different but I can watch The Terror thru the BT App on the Youview box but not when I select it from the channel list.

I've no idea what Multicast is or why its different but I have seen it mentioned on other posts along with various settings that should be checked, but appaerntly the bt hub has these automatically set and the option doesnt appear in the hub settings.

Any other ideas? Thx

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi @sab60 Thanks for checking that and posting back. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi, I'm running 'standard' Unlimited broadband with a HomeHub4 and a BT YouView box (the original bigger one). They are connect using BT powerline adapters.

I have just ordered faster fibre (I took up an offer at the end of my 18 month contract) so maybe its worth waiting until this in place??

Anyway, let me know. Thx

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @sab60 Yes it would probably be best to wait until the Infinity is connected. Post back after this has completed and let us know if that resolved the issue or not.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings