cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

IPlayer buffering

Hi
IPlayer is buffering a lot on my youview box. I have recently got the new smart hub 6. I am using Devolo Powerline 1200mbps plugs to connect my youview box to my hub as they are in different rooms. What can I do to fix this annoying problem?
Thanks
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: IPlayer buffering

Hi @FinbarrKeaveney sorry that you are experiencing buffering when trying to watch the Iplayer.

Check out On Demand freezing and poor quality picture  for guidance on how to fix this issue. I appreciate that you are you are using powerline adapters as the equipment is in different rooms but would it be possible to connect via Ethernet just to test and check if the powerline adapters are causing the issue?

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks JohnC2
I appreciate your advice and will try this although my tv is massive and wall mounted so this will be difficult. My youview box is nearly 10 yrs old. Would this be a factor or do the software updates make it up to date?
Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @FinbarrKeaveney I appreciate that checking via ethernet is not really an option. The age of the box does concern me in that although software updates do bring the box up to date we no longer support some boxes and you have had yours for a very long time. Can you check this page out for me Which Youview Box Do I Have  and tell me if the box you have is showing?

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Not sure what the size and mounting of the TV has to do with checking using an ethernet cable? It is the back of the Youview box you need access to so you can plug the ethernet cable into the socket on that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bratman91
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Mod: no complaint but why did you move my post?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@bratman91 I believe the post you added here related to BBC iPlayer problems on a Panasonic  TV.  this subforum focuses on Youview from BT and the advice and support given in this thread  relates to the Youview box. 

0 Ratings