cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 68

ITV HUB to ITVX

I am trying to upgrade the ITV HUB to ITVX but to no avail. I see there are many. many messages on here about this. Rather than spend hours searching for an answer can someone advise what is the general consensus that the problem is. Many Thanks.

0 Ratings
67 REPLIES 67
Message 1 of 68

ITVX

How do I receive ITVX on my TV? I have a DTR T2100 500GB set top box and live in Central Scotland. Is it possible or will we miss out once again?

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 68

Re: ITVX

It's up to ITV to push the app out to compatible devices as it's their software 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 68

Has not launched on youview and so far no one knows why.

Hoping it does launch soon

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 68

Box issues today again, guide or menu not working. About to reboot, thought this issues has been resolved but sadly not! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 68

@Attheend I think you could be waiting a good while before the ITVX app comes to the Youview box.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 68

Youview themselves say they have no updates and no plans of it launching this year. 

We currently don't have anything to announce regarding ITVX launching on YouView devices this year. ITV are continuing to work on upgrading the ITV Hub app on a per device basis and ITVX exclusive content is currently available on both ITV Hub and ITVX in the interim. We will post an update once we have more information to share

Youview post 

SSeems to be a generic post and one that suggests 'what's wrong with itv hub? Use that it still works'. 

Given that itv can update the hub app as they did to improve the security rather quickly. I feel there's a deeper issue involved.

We will be waiting a very long time, as most devices now have it, youview should have it by now given its a platform. 

I can see the hub app dissappearing before itvx arrives on youview. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 68

If you want to subscribe to the Premium content on ITVX which gives you access to Britbox too then the current ITV Hub is not sufficient even though it has ITVX exclusive content at the moment.

I’ve taken advantage of the offer code of ITVXSAVE13 to get Premium content for the reduced price of £3.99 per month for 13 months by subscribing to ITVX. However, in order to make use of this I’m having to use the app on either our smart tv in the extension or the Fire tv 4K stick until such a time that the BT Pro tv box gets the ITVX app.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 68

I thought that was the case. 

New itv premium content is only available on the new app. 

I thought I could get it via my TV but as its a Sony bravia with a hybrid Google TV and youview, stupidly enough I can't get the app. If I sideload it I get the error of device not licenced. 

Whether it is a bug or not, casting gives me a blank screen via the app on my phone. 

I don't want to get another device for just that so I'll make do until either device gets it. 

Bodged rollout. We shall wait and see. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 68

I’ve signed up for ITVX using the same username and password that I used for ITV Hub. We’ve got a Premium subscription as mentioned above. This means that when I use ITV Hub on our BT Pro tv box we get to watch everything ad free. We didn’t previously have a paid subscription to ITV Hub. We did have a subscription to Britbox which I shall now cancel. It’s all a bit of a mess, but I can access what we need to by juggling devices until ITVX arrives on our Youview box ( if at all!)

0 Ratings