cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 68

Re: ITVX

I suspect that's the case, @nickmorc.

Perhaps it's not so much not supported (lets face it, BT pro box runs Linux - of course it can handle it.) 

your reply from ITVX is suggesting youview can't handle the new content lock. 
I theorise that both $K boxes by Bt (early 4K and pro) are both happy. it'll be the boxes older than that.
I did read somewhere that apps that launch on youview , unless specific to BT or talk talk, usually have to work in retail mode as well. This could be the stumbling block. It's just a theory, but it does sound plausible.

Message 22 of 68

I think that it is time to hear from BT. This sounds like a major hurdle for the platform.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 68

@biohazardx9 from the sounds of that, they can't pick and choose what Youview boxes get the update for ITVX and they won't/can't roll out specifically to the devices that can support the new software. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 68

@NigelB72 - yep that's what I think.

not the first time either. originally when youview first launched. NOW Tv couldn't launch fully due to lack of streaming support then when it was added it still couldn't launch as the linear live content etc was at the time offered by both BT and Talk Talk. which went against the availability of the NOW service. (would undercut BT/TalkTalk)

Eventually it launched since that BT doesn't offer sky sports directly but resells NOW.

Sounds like a bit of a quango to me.

Message 25 of 68

Right I may have spotted something. boxes that don't support ITV Hub's new security are ones that support an older HDCP standard. (Content protection lock for the laymans terms). The newer boxes however do support a newer version. Perhaps there is a minimum requirement for HDMI 2.0 at least (this would prevent alot of HDMI capture cards from streaming any content from a device) however since certain boxes are still 'supported' their HDMI is older and again points to the app must run on still supported boxes etc.

Message 26 of 68

Not sure if this is of help to anyone on here. 

My TV is a Sony Bravia YouView TV. So it would appear that for me to get any update to the ITV app to ITVX is reliant on YouView too. Having been on the Sony forum there was a thread that posted this announcement.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-43x89j/article...

Which suggests ITVX will be some point this month. And that includes the Sony YouView TVs. So it makes you wonder if that’s the same for BT YouView boxes?

Message 27 of 68

@gavinscott1985 exactly the same as me.

The TV natively can support itvx via Google, but some wacky youview law/deal has the major catch up apps via the built-in youview app. 

When I sideload the itvx app via Google it will boot up fine then tell me it's not licenced by the manufacturer then closes. 

It's a bizarre setup. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 68

ITVX now on BTTV without Live Channels and restricted number of programs listed on My List. The App on the Apps page still says ITV Hub

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 68

Re: ITV HUB to ITVX

ITVX finally arrived today

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 68

Thanks for spotting. Seems it was the live / premium content holding it back. 

Some wacky youview rights thing again probably because the older boxes can't do it 

0 Ratings