cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 68

Re: ITVX

That's bizarre. Why rollout at all. 

If they had said, look its coming just be patient. You are getting all the features but this one is taking longer to implement than others. I think we would all be happy. 

Message 62 of 68

The plot thickens greatly... 

If you don't ask you don't get.... 

My response from itv (technical response!) 

Again they mention security but more importantly DRM. Also mention that apps on youview are sandboxed to have a maximum ram constraint. This explains massively why some other apps have not launched or appear to run rather sluggish! 

So. Given my box had an update recently I suspect the software component for drm has been updated. Perhaps taking time to optimize the app to function correctly. Make of this as you will 

• Hi B******n

Thank you for your email.

We are currently launching ITVX to YouView devices. To give some context to the wider rollout project, what we are doing is unprecedented - we aren’t launching a new service with no audience or distribution network from scratch. We are instead launching a new service and migrating over an app with 30 million-plus registered users, across an existing, very extensive distribution network. This involves working with a whole host of partner platforms, apps and manufacturers to bring the ITVX service to their interface, replacing ITV Hub. The roll out plan has been chosen to best manage this process.

With such a wide array of partner platforms there are many nuances involved; some older devices are constrained by the amount of memory they allow applications to utilise in normal usage. The difference may be as extreme as one device allocating 75MB of memory to an application, while another will allow 400MB.

As we provide content at a higher quality (i.e. HD) we are required to increase the security measures to protect the content from piracy – these measures include using stronger Digital Rights Management (DRM). Some older devices aren’t able to meet these DRM requirements and therefore our application needs to be modified to support their individual capabilities.

We are continuing to roll out to the wider YouView platform and models, as well as the functionality you have queried. It is a high priority for us to have Live channels available on as many devices as possible.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Chris
    Operations Support and Improvement Champion
    ITVX Customer and Viewer Services
Message 63 of 68

@biohazardx9 @Brucemeister5 @why_oh_why @ozsat 

Has anyone used ITVX today? 

On my Sony Bravia YouView I decided to test Unstoppable and AEW dynamite, both seemed to very much be HD. No update to the YouView app either if has incorporated HD by now.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 68

@gavinscott1985 it'll be a toggle based on your connection.

I'll try my Sony TV tonight and see. 

Message 65 of 68

@biohazardx9 

Just submitted 3 issues with ITVX.

1. No Live TV/FAST channels
  2. My watchlist doesn't even show all marked content 
  3. One show in particular doesn't even show new episodes on my continue watching

Apart from these issues I am happy enough with the app. 

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 68

@gavinscott1985 So you’re convinced that we’ve got HD now then are you? I had a look at some recent on demand sport and it didn’t look that good to me. Certainly not compared with my other sport subscriptions. I also tried to compare my recording of Vera from Sunday night ( in HD ) with the on demand version and I couldn’t decide one way or the other. Although I do find it very difficult to tell with drama, whereas with sport it’s much more apparent.

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 68

@Brucemeister5 
The 5 minutes I checked out AEW Dynamite and Showstopper on the Sony YouView TV app it certainly seemed HD to me. Considering when I compared the stream against my Amazon fire stick.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 68

Are the bt-tv box Pro still using and called youview?
0 Ratings