cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 68

Re: ITVX

@Jonty1964 @biohazardx9 

Exact same update applied to my Sony YouView TV just now. Thanks for that heads up!

Have to say what a huge difference in UI compared to old ITV hub. Looks like I will have to keep the Fire stick handy for any live TV streaming.

Message 32 of 68

Good spot. Thank you. It’s good to have it on the BT Pro tv box now. We’ve got the premium subscription and our Britbox subscription expired yesterday. We’ve got the best of both world’s now with everything ad free. I think that we can get by without the live channels, but do have access to those on other devices if necessary. 

Message 33 of 68

The app logo has changed but still wrong. 

It should say itvx not 'itv' noticed britbox app still present. 

Definitely the app is actually itvx. 

Noticed on my Sony TV I also do not have the live TV bit either. So that's not a hardware issue because clearly my TV can handle streams. That's purely a license thing. It too just says itv and not itvx until launched. 

I reckon this is what we will get. Quangos again. Still the main thing is the premium content is accessible 

Message 34 of 68

According to youview themselves.... 

HD content, ITV News programmes and Live TV channels on ITVX are currently not available on YouView devices.

So to get around the issue of security as previously mentioned, a solution was to abort HD, abort live TV. And simply re-skin the old hub app. 

It's also only available on bt pro/mini, talktalk hub and Sony tv's ONLY at present hence why britbox app is staying for now. 

So no real improvement except for content, that's it

Shambles. 

Message 35 of 68

@biohazardx9 

So I only launched the app with the new interface, which was slick and fast. Didn't try to stream anything, but if there is no HD for now, then that is utterly pointless. 

Whilst it's great to see all the content in the one app, the possible lack of HD is just more than enough to not make you use it. Could live without the Live channels and FAST but certainly not HD. 

Was there any indication when we could at least expect to see HD and the others mentioned?

Message 36 of 68

@gavinscott1985 youview just say it's unavailable at this time with no further mention.

Youview response - click here

I agree, lack of HD is very poor. If everyone was the same I would understand but everyone else has hd. We don't, so what gives? 

Message 37 of 68

@biohazardx9 

Yeah based on that post, it is a new UI for the app, but none of its features. 

Have sent a very snooty message to ITVX for the lack of HD and Live TV. Wonder what the response will be. 

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 68

@gavinscott1985 that will be good to hear actually.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 68

Freeview Play devices that carry ITVX don't have access to any live channels via the app, what makes people think YouView will be any different? 

Traditionally, live channels have only been supported by app versions of a device without any form of tuner, my Apple TV for example allows me to watch any live ITV broadcast channel in full HD (1080p) via ITVX, it was the same with the itv Hub (although the picture quality was lower)

Neither of my Freeview Play TVs, both of which have ITVX, allow me to access any live channels via the app.

I think it would be nice if ITVX enabled "live restart" as the BBC does with iPlayer at some point, but I'm not sure you should build your hopes up for anything more than that (expected FAST channels excluded of course), you can already access the live channels, or have I missed a memo?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 40 of 68

The live channels aren't just a recast. 

There are extra itv channels such as British sign language, itv classic, and various themed stations. 

My parents virgin media box has live channels via itvx. 

So yes that's why we need them. Also as you say for the live restart. 

What freeview play boxes do you have?

Still a functioning feature along with HD aren't present. So I won't be subscribing to it yet until hd is provided. 

Given that rival services are a couple of quid more and give you HD as a minimum (except Netflix which has an sd teir) 

We all know everything is going streaming and I will bet my cheeseburger on it that eventually we will see the likes of itvbe accessible via itvx only (beeb did that with bbc3 if you remember)?

My point is don't advertise features you can't deliver.