cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 68

Re: ITVX

@stereohaven 

Considering both iPlayer and My5 offer live streaming on my Sony YouView TV I was under the impression that the ITVX would be a step forward. 
Plus I was told by ITV staff that it was scheduled to have live channels. So understandably we are annoyed to be let down by ITV yet again. 

Perhaps the agent with ITV was deliberate with not saying it would be available on launch. So it could happen in future updates.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 68

@biohazardx9 

Netflix no longer provide SD, it’s all HD even on the basic tier.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24926

So ITVX launching on certain devices without HD is a true slap in the face. More so for those people who don’t have relevant devices like the fire stick to get it in HD. 

As for live TV, I don’t have an aerial installed and being in a new build we never got one fitted for us. Refuse point blank to pay for one to get fitted either. 

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 68

@biohazardx9wrote:

There are extra itv channels such as British sign language, itv classic, and various themed stations. 

Yes, the FAST channels, I would expect those to roll out to BT/EE/YouView but I don't think of them as live channels in the traditional sense. They are on my Apple TV now.

@biohazardx9wrote:

My parents virgin media box has live channels via itvx. 

Interesting. 

@biohazardx9wrote:

What freeview play boxes do you have?

None, just Freeview Play TVs by LG, one from 2016 and one from last year. 

@biohazardx9wrote:

My point is don't advertise features you can't deliver. 

Someone tell that to the team responsible for Sky Glass/Stream... 🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 68

@gavinscott1985wrote:

@stereohaven 

Considering both iPlayer and My5 offer live streaming on my Sony YouView TV I was under the impression that the ITVX would be a step forward. 
Plus I was told by ITV staff that it was scheduled to have live channels. So understandably we are annoyed to be let down by ITV yet again. 

Perhaps the agent with ITV was deliberate with not saying it would be available on launch. So it could happen in future updates.

Well, we will just have to wait and see then. iPlayer is the only app that offers live TV channels (in the traditional sense), on any of my devices which have a tuner built in. 

I can watch live TV channels (in the traditional sense) on iPlayer, ITVX, My5, All4, UKTV Play, Blaze, STV and others on my Apple TV, but have always assumed that was because it was built for streaming and didn't have a tuner, based partly on the fact nothing else I owned with a tuner would let me watch via an app.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 68

a very disappointing delivery of a cut down ITV X that in its present form seems to add little benefit to me. 

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 68

@zulu17 totally agree.

Such a pain. I'll use it for catchup but that's it. I'm not paying premium for standard definition content. 

Message 47 of 68

Hi,

I've just seen your message. Yes, mine as changed to ITV but when you open it it is still ITVHub. Its odd because I have a TV in my bedroom and it works with a Firestick and ITVX is on there..My tv is Phillips I wonder if that makes difference. What a mystery.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 68

Across on the YouView forum admin are putting the blame completely on ITV here. 

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7607064/itv-x-rollout/p2

For those like me with Sony YouView TVs, this is just shockingly bad from ITV. It's not like they had 6+ months to get something sorted out.

As I mentioned yesterday I sent a very polite but snooty message to ITV about the lack of HD and other features on the "updated app". My suggestion is for others @chris2400 @biohazardx9 @zulu17 @Brucemeister5 to do the same.

https://itvx-form.kustomer.support/contact/itvx-contactform-S1iw1IuGo

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 68

If you go to Britbox to cancel first - you usually get a discount link for ITVX for about 12 months.

@Brucemeister5wrote:

I’ve signed up for ITVX using the same username and password that I used for ITV Hub. We’ve got a Premium subscription as mentioned above. This means that when I use ITV Hub on our BT Pro tv box we get to watch everything ad free. We didn’t previously have a paid subscription to ITV Hub. We did have a subscription to Britbox which I shall now cancel. It’s all a bit of a mess, but I can access what we need to by juggling devices until ITVX arrives on our Youview box ( if at all!)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 68

Yes, I used the offer code ITVXSAVE13 to get 13 months at £3.99 per month after my 7 day free trial. Thank you.

0 Ratings