cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 68

Re: ITVX

That's the one - although still expensive for the amount of edited content it contains.

Only Britbox stuff makes it worthwhile.

@Brucemeister5wrote:

Yes, I used the offer code ITVXSAVE13 to get 13 months at £3.99 per month after my 7 day free trial. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 52 of 68

Sent complaint to ITVX, lets see what they say. 

I can understand if this was a pay TV app. However this is a PS2, if all platforms have the same experience then fine but it's not the case. 

Channel4 however sure, theirs is only SD on youview but the experience is the same across the board of platforms and is free correctly. I have no argument here. 

Then iwe have UKTV play offering HD for free... 

The real gotcha is the payment for SD content. 

Message 53 of 68

I’ve just submitted my ITVX feedback form. 

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 68

@biohazardx9 

All4 is HD on Roku and Fire TV devices, with programming correctly carrying the 'HD' tag. I'm assuming they won't be the only platforms offering All4 in HD, except Youview of course, the poor relation when it comes to streaming services. I use non-Youview devices for all my catchup/streaming needs. 

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 68

This was the response I got from my DM to ITV about ITVX at the end of December

'The updated app is still in the process of being rolled out, and checks are being done to make sure everything is working well for a smooth roll out. There is no guaranteed time for this but hopefully it won't be much longer.'

Message 56 of 68

@chris2400 

That’s promising to hear. Although I’ve not heard back ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 68

It seems to be a waiting game. She did come back pretty quickly, it might have been a quiet day.
Message 58 of 68

Don't  hold out much hope.

I sent an email to ITVX about the amount of edits in some of their catch-up stuff - a minute here - 15 seconds there.

They said to reboot the device and reinstall the app to see if it fixes it.

@biohazardx9wrote:

Sent complaint to ITVX, lets see what they say. 

I can understand if this was a pay TV app. However this is a PS2, if all platforms have the same experience then fine but it's not the case. 

Channel4 however sure, theirs is only SD on youview but the experience is the same across the board of platforms and is free correctly. I have no argument here. 

Then iwe have UKTV play offering HD for free... 

The real gotcha is the payment for SD content. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 59 of 68

I had a response earlier this evening and it was just a list of various suggestions, including power cycle the tv and the router or uninstall and re-install the ITVX app. They also asked which model BT Pro tv box I had and which live content I was unable to access. Clearly just reading from a script. I responded by saying that they had clearly not understood the issues that I had raised and that we had been provided with a cut down version of the app compared with other devices. I asked if/when we would be provided with the full version.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 68

Got a reply from ITV about my query re Sony Bravia YouView TV.

I can confirm we are partially rolled out on your device.

We intend to offer HD on your device soon.

So that was pretty clear a staged rollout and at least HD is coming. Had to ask again about live TV and fast channels.

0 Ratings