cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyaHawkeye
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

ITV Hub crashing

Hi, I've had a look around for a solution for this, but drawing a blank. We have the latest BT YouView box and have been trying to watch Midsomer Murders from the ITV Hub. We'll get half-way through an episode, and after the adverts at that point the Hub will suddenly close back to the BT Home menu from which we selected the episode (either the search bar or "Watch List"). There's no warning or error message, trying to fast forward to a later point will result in adverts and another crash. App is up to date, as is the BT box. Short of a complete factory reset, we're not sure what to so to solve this. Trying to get it to work by going direct through the ITV app itself, but not holding out too much hope! Any ideas? Thanks. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: ITV Hub crashing

Have you tried power cycling the Youview box? Turn it off with the switch on the back, leave it for a couple of minutes and switch it back on...

If that doesn't work you can do full reset but select the option to keep your recordings to see if that works

Mallordhouse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Hi our box crashes with ITV hub at every set of adverts and reverts back to TV guide
We seem to lose connectivity at 1800 most evenings and on Sundays inc whoops sorry messages / try later
I’ve competed numerous switch offs at. Hub. And broadband box plus changed Ethernet plugs & connection options on each box It’s still crashes
Should I request a bt engineer visit - it’s getting very frustrating
NeilN1
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

I have the same issue. Every Ad break on The Hub ends up crashing out. Just goes back to the live TV without warning. Have to go back in the the ITV Hub several times to resume playing. Very frustrating. I've read on the YouView forums that this appears to be an issue with the ITV Hub on the YouView platform but I've no idea if anything is being done about it.

thomasglazebrook
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

We face similar issues with the ITV Hub app on our Apple TV & Fire Sticks. So I can assure you, this issue is not unique to YouView, it seems to be an ITV Hub app problem across their platforms that needs to be addressed. I'd recommend reaching out to ITV with feedback.

0 Ratings
Mallordhouse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Thanks I will 

0 Ratings
Stubell
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

ITV player resetting

When watching ITV player on a BT TV recording box it turns off during the adverts and returns to the Home Screen, it only does this with ITV Player, any one else had this issue or know of a fix?

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 14

Re: ITV player resetting

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts.

I'm sorry for the problems you're having during the ad breaks on the ITV Hub.  We will pick this up and investigate.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
thomasglazebrook
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

If it helps, ad breaks cause home screen resumes and other issues mid-playback on other platforms such as Apple TV and Fire Sticks. So this does not seem a unique issue to this platform.

RBMere
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

It’s been driving us mad for 2 nights now. Like the others it’s all fine until the adverts then crashes back to live TV and the Home Screen - thank you
0 Ratings